Elefant

Panzer Vor!!!

• 1 month later...

I was on my way home to Bournemouth from Southampton and hit a slow moving line of traffic on the M27 today at about 12:20. We were being held up by a large load with flashing lights. You could have knocked me down with a feather when having drawn up close to the beastie causing all the trouble it turned out to be the said Elefant on the back of a low loader on its way to Bovington. Having written about the Ferdinand in my books on the battle of Kursk I never thought I would ever see one. I am in at Bovy on Friday to research a book for Haynes on the T-34 so I will do my best to get to see the beast. Assuming they can also get their hands on the SturmTiger as well then the Tiger family display in 2017 should prove to be quite a draw.

• Like 1

This is great news!! Have always wanted to see an Elefant "in the metal"...

I wonder how the Tank Museum managed to sort it out? Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding its arrival? If the Sturmtiger is also Bovington bound, then that would be the icing / cherry on the cake! 

Cheers.

Chris. 

I thought the transmission was FUBAR on this one, so I would doubt it will be moving around very much (IIRC that's how it was KOed).....Cool to see one though, as good an excuse as any to visit a place that I have loved since childhood (and it has Orang Utans next door these days, so it's doubly worth a visit).  B)