Calling IDF/AF F-15 experts

roym

Currently trying to decal an Israeli f-15 from the old Superscale/Microscale sheet 72-483 IDF/AF MIg killers. I only have a partial instruction sheet for the set and my first question is regarding national insignia. The sheet has 2 different sizes of nat insig, which is correct for what? Are they both used on each aircraft? I always thought Israeli aircraft used the same size in all positions?

TIA

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info-the yellow eagle head was a fake sqn.marking(there was a period in the 80ties

IAF used to paint such fakes on some planes)

This sheet has kill marks registration problem(as written in review)

As far as I know-all the roundels were the same size,could be wrong though

Thanks folks.

iaf-man, I was wondering about the yellow eagles head as I found a photo of 644 "lightning" (the first plane listed on the link above) with the small red and black squadron badge in a SAM book. So I went with that. No kill marks either.

Just assumed SS got it wrong. 

Kinda sorry now as the fake marking would have been an interesting point. But i have matt-coated the model.

Maybe next time!

On 11/18/2016 at 7:20 PM, roym said:

Thanks folks.

iaf-man, I was wondering about the yellow eagles head as I found a photo of 644 "lightning" (the first plane listed on the link above) with the small red and black squadron badge in a SAM book. So I went with that. No kill marks either.

Just assumed SS got it wrong. 

Kinda sorry now as the fake marking would have been an interesting point. But i have matt-coated the model.

Maybe next time!

Yellow eagle head WAS painted on some planes,so it's a real fake then!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Yellow eagle head WAS painted on some planes,so it's a real fake then!!!!!!!

Just like the blue fin flash of a few 119 Tajeset F-4E's instead of their usual red.

Cheers,

Andre