This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Finally i have managed to put my dirty hands on a 1/72 vehicles.

This time is an Italian one, the AS42 Sahariana scout car, it just misses the decals but the diorama is ready, maybe a little tree on the background...

Anyway! The AS42 was meant to be the response to SAS and Desert Rats raids, with a max speed on road of 90km/h and 37km/h off road, heavy armament such as the 20mm Breda cannon and additional HMG and LMG, lots of canisters for water and fuel, spare wheel and 2 metal planks to surpass trenches and help removing the vehicle from the ground, should have been a pretty desert lady. It could also mount a 47mm Elefantino anti tank gun.

Here the photos! It's my first true diorama, all brush painted. The idea for the diorama was a patrol stopping to check for the presence of water to be indicated to others troops, but I had a shortage of Italians 1/72 figures so it's the lonely sergeant Mario getting lost in the desert.

G7Y0zREl.jpg

btU9YUgl.jpg

Yes, they re both 1/72, the AB was pretty large.

L7w9Sp8l.jpg

Here the vehicle only

cJPj6H6l.jpg

0KpK2N4l.jpg

EFBUxnUl.jpg

Thanks for reading, see you soon!

DWC1968    169

Cracking little dio.

Dave.

Sgt.Squarehead    6,181

Nicely done, this a great little kit and you have made a fine job of it.  :thumbsup:

Possibly a bit late, but Wee Friends have set of figures designed just for this kit:

http://eshop.friendshipmodels.org.uk/epages/BT3667.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3667/Products/WFM72003

I've bought from Wee Friends many times, highly recommended.  B)

On 4/11/2016 at 2:36 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nicely done, this a great little kit and you have made a fine job of it.  :thumbsup:

Possibly a bit late, but Wee Friends have set of figures designed just for this kit:

http://eshop.friendshipmodels.org.uk/epages/BT3667.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3667/Products/WFM72003

I've bought from Wee Friends many times, highly recommended.  B)

Thanks, I didn't know that company.