1/72 - Avro York by MikroMir - 3D renders

Homebee

After the Mach2 (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011263-172-avro-york-by-mach-2-release-november-2016/) kit announced for Telford SMW 2016, here's the Mikromir's 1/72nd Avro York kit project.

Source:  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011331-avro-york-172/

CAD

papap_500.jpgi.gif 

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Never thought I'd be saying this when I joined up....I worked on a York,1974 Brize Norton. I saw the wings come through the camp gates on a Queen Mary. Blimey a Lancaster ! About a week later I and 2 others were grabbed. Do you know what an Avro York is lad? Yes. Good, you're working on one! Still heaving with Coal dust from 25 ish years earlier. It was to present the "Berlin Cup" or "Berlin Airlift Cup" to the then Mayor of Berlin at Brize, wierd. After that had happened it was dismantled and went back though the gates on two Queen Marys. Could be the one that was at Staverton  I saw in 71 and might be the one now at Duxford (anybody know?) or its the other one I went on, the old Dan-Air kite at Lasham.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

The Duxford York is the ex Dan Dare / Lasham one. The ex Staverton one is a Cosford.

Thanks very much. Always wondered where it went. That Lasham one was used as an Air Cadets Hut in the late 60s-mid 70s. Took it off them because they weren't looking after it ! Think they got a Comet after that. Lashup had a collection of Dan-Air relics. Ambo, York and Dak. I used to wonder round them at Lunch times when I worked there.

Avro Canada built one York. It had different Pax windows, higher line than normal, think they were rectangular too.

14 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Never thought I'd be saying this when I joined up....I worked on a York,1974 Brize Norton. I saw the wings come through the camp gates on a Queen Mary. Blimey a Lancaster ! About a week later I and 2 others were grabbed. Do you know what an Avro York is lad? Yes. Good, you're working on one! Still heaving with Coal dust from 25 ish years earlier. It was to present the "Berlin Cup" or "Berlin Airlift Cup" to the then Mayor of Berlin at Brize, wierd. After that had happened it was dismantled and went back though the gates on two Queen Marys. Could be the one that was at Staverton  I saw in 71 and might be the one now at Duxford (anybody know?) or its the other one I went on, the old Dan-Air kite at Lasham.

It was ex-Staverton one now at Cosford

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

It was ex-Staverton one now at Cosford

Thanks Dave !