1/48 - Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - car door released

Homebee

In March 2017, Eduard in to rebox the Hasegawa's 1/48th Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b kit - ref. 1131

Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-11EN.pdf

(...) Limited Edition kits, those being the Typhoon and Crusader in 1/48th scale. These kits have not yet begun their ship journey from Japan, and so we will not be able to put the Typhoon into the list of new items for January, as we had originally planned, and at that time they will have just arrived in Hamburg. It will be available in March.

Part of the markings options will be an aircraft flown by Jiri Manak although there appear to be no photographs on which to base the reconstruction on. I do not think this is a huge issue. Those who are familiar with this pilot will already know which version of the Typhoon this will be. The answer to the question as to when the other version will be released, the Bubbletop version, is in a year, to the day.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 3:36 AM, brewerjerry said:

Hi

price seems a little steep £38.99, according to the hannants website.

cheers

jerry

There is a good deal here @ £29.60, and makes it just as good probably better than the HASEGAWA standard kit deal, any way I just purchased one, now I can have two Typhoons, with NEW decals as I still have an old Hasegawa box in the loft....

http://www.mjwmodels.co.uk/edk1131-148-hawker-typhoon-mkib-tiffy-5539-p.asp

I wonder if Eduard will follow up with a bubble canopy one at some point......would make sense

Ali

• Like 2

On 07/03/2017 at 0:20 PM, Ali62 said:

There is a good deal here @ £29.60, and makes it just as good probably better than the HASEGAWA standard kit deal, any way I just purchased one, now I can have two Typhoons, with NEW decals as I still have an old Hasegawa box in the loft....

http://www.mjwmodels.co.uk/edk1131-148-hawker-typhoon-mkib-tiffy-5539-p.asp

I wonder if Eduard will follow up with a bubble canopy one at some point......would make sense

Ali

Hi

Thanks for the link

however i found one on e bay for £23, so i weakened and bought it :) 

cheers

jerry

On 3/7/2017 at 0:20 PM, Ali62 said:

Ali

Yes.

Eduard does plan on releasing the bubble top Typhoon next year. They haven't said if this Special Edition Typhoon will have parts for both the 3 and 4 bladed prop. I've already built the car door version using the old Cutting Edge interior, which was drop fit, and Aeromaster decals for Land Girl. (Drink if you saw the movie Land Girl that was released same time as Saving Private Ryan.) If next years Special Edition Typhoon has a 4 bladed prop option I'll get the kit, since it's the only version I'm lacking and I have an Cooper Details Typhoon detail set to use up as well.

As for the car door Typhoon. Eduard will release another Special Edition Car Door Typhoon (When they have their E-Day show) with markings for Jiri Manak's machines:one with a new tooled mastless canopy and the regular Hasegawa canopy. Eduard is doing a new tooled canopy.

From Eduard's Newsletter:

"And then we have our Tiffy, the car-door Typhoon Mk.Ib, based on the Hasegawa kit. Contrary to original thinking, this kit does not include markings for Czechoslovak Squadron Leader Jiri Manak. The reason is the recent uncovering of new information regarding Manak’s most famous machine. It mostly concerns the cockpit area, and the fact that this aircraft didn’t have the antenna mast. This is not an option in the Hasegawa kit. We decided to hold back 1,000 kits from the March Tiffy release, add a new canopy and release as a Special Limited Edition kit under the name of Manak Express. There will also be other options for aircraft from that specific series, to keep things interesting, and to complicate them a bit, Manak’s second machine will also be included which did have the antenna mast. It will go on sale at E-day, and a note of warning, these will go like hotcakes. I will attempt to make them available for pre-orders, to give you a crack at them as well. Manak Express will in all likelihood be the star attraction of this year’s E-day . . . " 

• Like 2

I just got mine this morning and the extras are very nice. The tail wheel castings really nice, though the flash between the leg fork and the wheel is going to take some very careful cleaning up.

• 5 months later...

Another boxing - ref.11113

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1789397917741814

Box design for 1/48 scale kit RANGER (Typhoon Mk.IB).
New product for October 2017 will be introduced and available for purchase during E-Day, 23 September.
The boxart of S/Ldr. Maňák´s Typhoon was created by Piotr Forkasiewicz.
More informationabout the box content and other details of the RANGER project will follow soon.

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, sourit

V.P.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1810738542274418

Limited Edition kit of Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib in 1/48 scale. The kit includes, in addition to the original Hasegawa sprues, a clear plastic sprue by Eduard for up to now unreleased version of the Typhoon Mk.Ib Car Door. The original sprue was designed and produced by Eduard exclusively for this Limited Edition kit.
October new release, cat. no. 11113.

The kit contains:

- Hasegawa sprues, a clear plastic sprue by Eduard for the Typhoon Mk.Ib Car Door,
- 6 color schemes,
- decals by Eduard,
- color PE parts,
- two types of resin undercarriage wheels and two types of exhaust stacks,
- painting mask.

ATTENTION!!
The kit is SOLD OUT at the Eduard Store!! Contact your local retailer

Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

V.P.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

- ref. 11117 - Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib

The box design of the Typhoon Mk.Ib Limited Edition kit in 1/48 scale was created by Jan Zdiarský using an artwork by Martin Lébl.

Six attractive colour schemes, including aircraft with national insignia from the end of war, you will find in the Typhoon Mk.Ib 1/48 Limited Edition kit.

- MN819 - S/Ldr Jack Collins DFC, No. 245 (North Rhodesian) Squadron, Holmsley South, Great Britain, June 1944
- MN529 - No. 184 Squadron, Holmsley South, Great Britain, June 1944
- RB207 - F/O Bill Beatty, No. 438 (RCAF) Squadron, Airfield Hustedt, Germany, VE-Day, 1945
- MP197 - No. 245(North Rhodesian) Squadron, Schleswig Airbase, Germany, June 1945
- SW399 - F/O Ronald Frederick Sweeting DFC, No. 175 Squadron, Schleswig Airbase, Germany, July 1945
- RB431 - W/Cdr John Chester Button DSO, DFC, No. 123 Wing

Released in June 2018

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2062689613745975

https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2062690880412515

32214994_2062689220412681_68308169450596

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - car door released