NEW RYE FIELD TIGER OTTO CARIUS 217

TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

Rye Field will release a new version of their popular Tiger 1 Tank with interior detail.

This time it is a Mid Production version with markings for one of the top Tiger Aces Otto Carius 217.

Uk Delvery will be delyed until Jan 2017 along with the new Abrams

UK Retail will be £69.99

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1016365-rye-field-model-rm-5010-tiger-i-middle-production

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

David,

What do you hear or know of the remainder of the kit, with respect to it being a Carius Tiger?  It would be great to have an interior, and everything meeting the Carius 217 Tiger details.  It is easy to fix the tracks.  I'm sure you've not been involved with this manufacturer as you were with Dragon.  I have the Cyber Hobby Carius kit, but this one would be better, assuming the details (again, save for the tracks) are correct, even without ZImmerit, as I would be happy to add aftermarket Zim (Atak?) with the appropriate areas removed (damaged), which in my mind would be a lot easier that trying to remove the Zim from the Cyber Hobby tank, and possibly ruining it.  Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Curt;

Externally it's accurate for Tiger 217, provided that you replace the tracks with "flat" tracks. There are a few small things to fix; remove the bolts by the hull MG; discard or replace the AA MG; don't use part D9. A couple of welds are out of place but your Zimmerit will cover them.

Internally it's not so good. The problems from Rye Field's Early Tiger are still there (missing components). And now Rye Field have made an uneducated guess about what's inside a Mid Tiger; some parts from a Late, some parts from an Early. Unfortunately their guess is often wrong (e.g. they have the Early firewall with all the old controls that should be gone; they removed the structural beams from the roof but they should still be there). They also made some mistakes with the new parts, even though diagrams have been published.

I have a page about Rye Field's Mid Tiger.

David