Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire Mk 1 Trio

Hi All,

Some pics of 3 Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk 1s I did as a quick build project. this is the kit that I made when getting back into modelling a little over 2 decades ago & it goes together just as well as it did then.  I found it was just as fast to build 3 as to build one. Well, my self-critique is that the brown is wrong ( a little too chocolat-ey) as I had run out of Dark Earth and tried to mix some that looked different in the jar (honestly!) but anyhow..,

and QJ-D is fictional.

Thanks for lookingTamSpit1.jpgTamSpit3.jpgTamSpit7.jpgTamSpit4.jpgTamSpit6.jpgTamSpit5.jpgTamSpit2.jpg

• Like 14

18 hours ago, Rafbanter said:

Hi All,

Some pics of 3 Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk 1s I did as a quick build project. this is the kit that I made when getting back into modelling a little over 2 decades ago & it goes together just as well as it did then.  I found it was just as fast to build 3 as to build one. Well, my self-critique is that the brown is wrong ( a little too chocolat-ey) as I had run out of Dark Earth and tried to mix some that looked different in the jar (honestly!) but anyhow..,

and QJ-D is fictional.

Thanks for lookingTamSpit1.jpgTamSpit3.jpgTamSpit7.jpgTamSpit4.jpgTamSpit6.jpgTamSpit5.jpgTamSpit2.jpg

Three very nice Mk1's there, but the QJ-D might not be that fictional! 

During the Battle of Britain, both 92 and 616 sqns carried the QJ codes, I'm sure that 616 had one coded QJ-D, but uncertain of its serial number.👍

• Like 1