Curtiss Helldiver

This got started several years ago after reading a couple of articles by Tony O'Toole in a modelling mag. There has a lot of work gone into it, including changing the dive flaps and there is a three blade prop bought for it along with resin British bombs for the bomb bay. It has sat not quite finished for a few years. The paint finish is pre my Flow Enhancer revelation but the transfers went on fine. It has taken dive bombing practice at least three times, unfortunately without the benefit of being giving able to pull out at the bottom of the dive, one of which was about 8-10 feet. So there has been a bit of repair work and replacement parts done.  Now is the time to finish it and I have an Xtradecal sheet with the correct serials, markings and squadron badge. The first job will be to get the ingrained dust out of the panel lines and the find the box with the rest of the bits in. 

IMG_1423_zpsbgy1qal8.jpg

• Like 6

If you are like me, these bits and pieces were stored in a "safe" place...

Good luck, mate!

JR

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jean said:

If you are like me, these bits and pieces were stored in a "safe" place...

Good luck, mate!

JR

So true, all stored safe and sound. Big challenge is to find the safe place. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2016 at 6:03 PM, Killingholme said:

It really does suit TSS, but I suppose there's not many aircraft that don't. (with the exception of the Seamew- no scheme could save that one)

Where did you get your three-blade prop from by the way?

Will

Apologies for the tardy response re the prop. It's an Aeroclub white metal prop. I have a small collection of them from a little while ago, trying to decide the most appropriate.

As as you say it does look rather nice in TSS