SPRAYCRAFT PORTABLE SPRAY BOOTH -SP3512

mcdonnell

Hello,Friends - Shesto are advertising this product and interests me.However,I would like any feedback from anyone who has this product as to their experience and thoughts of it? I use Enamel-Based Paints and related Thinners.Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Paul.

Hi Paul

I don't have this one, but use a similar portable booth from Expo. Mine didn't come with the extraction hose, so I can't give you a direct comparison, but I find that mine's ok with acrylic but when I spray anything like Mr Color self levelling thinner or Alclad I smell out the house. It moves a similar volume of air so is a fairly good competitor for the Shesto one.

I should try the accessory hose out if the window to see if it makes a difference, but have never gotten round to it!

Edge

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Edge said:

Hi Paul

I don't have this one, but use a similar portable booth from Expo. Mine didn't come with the extraction hose, so I can't give you a direct comparison, but I find that mine's ok with acrylic but when I spray anything like Mr Color self levelling thinner or Alclad I smell out the house. It moves a similar volume of air so is a fairly good competitor for the Shesto one.

I should try the accessory hose out if the window to see if it makes a difference, but have never gotten round to it!

Edge

Many thanks for your feedback,Edge.My No.1 concern is if it's safe to spray enamels without it creating a fire risk with the unit itself.The extraction hose would be out of the window.

All the very best,Paul.

Paul,

I stock a lot of shesto products and questioned them about this when it came out, as the holy grail of spraying is a cheap and safe booth for flammables..

The reply I had back was "It is not intended for use with hazardous materials, flammable or explosive paints or materials."  

I have suggested that they make this clear on the product description.

The least expensive domestic one suitable for flammables is still the Graphicair A300S-D. I worked out that mine is coming up for it's 20th anniversary soon.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/graphicair-a300s-d-11995-p.asp

Paul

• Like 1

6 hours ago, little-cars said:

Paul,

I stock a lot of shesto products and questioned them about this when it came out, as the holy grail of spraying is a cheap and safe booth for flammables..

The reply I had back was "It is not intended for use with hazardous materials, flammable or explosive paints or materials."  

I have suggested that they make this clear on the product description.

The least expensive domestic one suitable for flammables is still the Graphicair A300S-D. I worked out that mine is coming up for it's 20th anniversary soon.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/graphicair-a300s-d-11995-p.asp

Paul

Hello,Paul - Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.This has given me a lot of food for thought and I'll no doubt be in further contact with you.I've purchased many times from you at the Shows too.😉👍 All the best,Paul.