Flawed fighter-Airfix's 1/48 Defiant.

Morning all,my take on Airfix's 1/48 Defiant,I,ve loved this aircraft for year's ever since building the horrible 1/72 original many moon's ago,after initial

success in combat it's flaws were discovered by the Luftwaffe and it was easy prey for their fighter's never the less it held it's own in the night fighter

role until the Beaufighter and Mosquito took over.This has to be one of Airfix's finest kit's to date and the only issue I had was the final fit of the turret

which may well have been my error the rest was a delight,a background to the build is here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010022-airfix-148-defiantand-a-couple-of-spits/

Many thank's for taking the time to look.

DSCN3883_zps5wdtk5ry.jpg

DSCN3884_zps0aq4ulxd.jpg

DSCN3885_zpshyscqogl.jpg

DSCN3886_zpscs9f62v1.jpg

DSCN3888_zpsgg3kiqo5.jpg

DSCN3889_zpsvdoytbfu.jpg

DSCN3890_zpst0cplzyw.jpg

DSCN3891_zpsalttxcub.jpg

DSCN3892_zpszeqzx33k.jpg

DSCN3893_zpshuokaqqb.jpg

• Like 53

Hello,Steve - Here's another beauty.I find there's something very appealing about the Defiant.It's got personality and you've done great justice to the type with this beautifully built and finished example.I also love the clean'classic' appearance.Grat work,my friend! 😉👍All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

That`s an absolute beauty Steve and I like your choice of decals too,........ trials for Army Co-Op duties to replace the Lysander which were eventually taken up by the Tomahawk,

Well done mate,

Tony

• Like 1

Many thank's for the kind comment's everyone,I put a dark wash into the very few panel lines and kept the rest clean I think the lack

of panel lines was due to the wood construction of the Defiant,I would definitely build another when Airfix re-issue the kit in the future

there are aerial's in the kit for a night fighter version.

Many thank's Badder,in the first few encounter's while they covered the Dunkirk beaches the usual tactic of getting behind the aircraft for a

shot brought a hail of bullets at the german fighters from the Defiant which was a shock for their pilots thinking them as a Spitfire or Hurricane,

once the German's learned ti ID the Defiant and realised it's slow performance they became easy prey I believe in one encounter nearly a 

whole squadron was decimated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Badder,in the first few encounter's while they covered the Dunkirk beaches the usual tactic of getting behind the aircraft for a

shot brought a hail of bullets at the german fighters from the Defiant which was a shock for their pilots thinking them as a Spitfire or Hurricane,

once the German's learned ti ID the Defiant and realised it's slow performance they became easy prey I believe in one encounter nearly a 

whole squadron was decimated.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Badder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...