Hasegawa 1/48th F-4E "Mig Killer"

Ok all you jet jockies this is something new for me. Haven't built a jet before and want to build a Phantom for the Nats next year. I want to build Ritchie / DeBellevue dual mig killer on 7-8-1972. I will have lots of stupid questions and need help getting this done to the best of my ability. Here is what I have so far.

001_zpsfrfovbq2.jpg

002_zpsa3ndukuy.jpg

003_zpssigdq8az.jpg

Here we go. Any hints or tips or warnings on the Rhino seamless intakes? I will also be looking for markings. Any decal sheets available for the Ritchie aircraft? Loadout for the aircraft on 7-8-1972? 
Like I said any help would be appreciated. If you see something I am doing wrong or missing please speak up. No hurt feelings here.
Thanks for looking,
Jim Root

• Like 1

OK I got the intakes fitted and it went pretty smooth. Has anyone used these Rhino intakes on there Phantom? Do you cut the front of the splitter plate off and install it after paint? How far up the intake was the camouflage taken? On to see about getting the Aires interior fitted next.

004_zpslk8fxmlw.jpg

005_zpslh5iqueh.jpg

006_zps6gngnqmr.jpg

While doing research on the load out for this bird I have come across a need for this build. I'm not sure what is out there for ECM pods. It looks like I need a AN/ALQ-71 for the right inboard pylon and a AN/ALQ-101 for the left inboard pylon. My question is what is out there in 1/48th for these? Any and all help is appreciated.

Jim Root

I am doing my best to get the Aires cockpit and nose wheel well fitted in the fuselage. I got to much out for the instrument panel coming so that will have to be fixed but it shouldn't be that big a deal. Really close to being completely fitted now. Any hints, tips, comments or complainants please speak up. Thanks for looking.
Jim Root

20161026_170603_resized_zpshmowzvs7.jpg

20161028_095224-1_resized_zpsiesrcybp.jp

20161028_095241-1_resized_zps9tqxpm6a.jp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks nice so far, you did a fine job. :thumbsup2:

Anyhow one likes these old kits from Monogram, it has the taste of the youth. ( If I proberly remind the first kit from this Phantom series was released in 1979 )

It is very interesting to see such an old kit under construction wit new accessorie detail sets. I`m in, I`m curiuos!

Edited by Sarcococca

52 minutes ago, Sarcococca said:

Looks nice so far, you did a fine job. :thumbsup2:

Anyhow one likes these old kits from Monogram, it has the taste of the youth. ( If I proberly remind the first kit from this Phantom series was released in 1979 )

It is very interesting to see such an old kit under construction wit new accessorie detail sets. I`m in, I`m curiuos!

To be fair it is a Hasegawa kit in a Monogram Pro Modeler box. But yes I do still love the old Monogram kits. I have plenty in the stash. Other than the dreaded "raised panel lines" most are great kits. 

Jim Root

• 3 weeks later...