• Nordic countries
    • Matchbox II
    • Radial Engines Rock
    • The Duel
    • Racing
    • Dassault Mirage
    • None in this group

This poll is closed to new votes

There are two really inclusive ones that I've spotted; one seems to be regarding the Spanish Civil War, and an interesting looking one about Record Breakers, Prototypes and World Firsts.

:whistle:  :hmmm: 

T

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

...and what parts would they be? Please note my last comment was meant as a joke.  Aside from the joke, the name Alfred Frauenknecht does spring to mind.

Frauenknecht has nothing to do with the Kfir. He did provide blueprints of ATAR 9C to Israël after the 1967 embargo. But those were not really needed because an agreement was reached soon after with the French government to by-pass the embargo, delivering engines and Mirage 5, built in France and assembled in Israël. 

End of OT.

5 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

There are two really inclusive ones that I've spotted; one seems to be regarding the Spanish Civil War, and an interesting looking one about Record Breakers, Prototypes and World Firsts.

:whistle:  :hmmm: 

T

No they aren't, I'm sorry, Tony.....

what about our BM Sci-Fi builders????

;)

• Like 3

Well, we had 

2 minutes ago, Antoine said:

;)

I had worried about that Antoine :( .

They do cover most bases though: Figures, all kinds of vehicles from the drag strip to armour, ships, boats, subs of all shapes and sizes, rockets, rocket planes, turboprops, hovercrafts, trucks, diorama, vignette...

I tried to introduce Hanebu (spelling?) to the SCW thread but the Sarge thought I'd been on the turps :confused: . Probably right. For the prototypes category the German flying saucers are a :worms: . Yet...... :hmmm: ?

I can't help thinking that there's some Sci-fi fan, 'Sci-fact' subjects that would appeal;

Buran:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

Ekranoplan:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle

DFS 228

http://www.walterwerke.co.uk/walter/dfs228.htm

X-planes, even atomic bomb, cruise missile, flying tank etc prototypes, 

The more 'far out' the better.

Tried to make it really, really broad. I'm a big Sci-Fi fan.

I wish a Liberator and Eagle could have been squeezed in (not the US aircraft ;) ).

All the best 

TonyT

3 hours ago, Antoine said:

;)

2 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Well, we had 

I had worried about that Antoine :( .

They do cover most bases though: Figures, all kinds of vehicles from the drag strip to armour, ships, boats, subs of all shapes and sizes, rockets, rocket planes, turboprops, hovercrafts, trucks, diorama, vignette...

Tried to make it really, really broad. I'm a big Sci-Fi fan.

I wish a Liberator and Eagle could have been squeezed in (not the US aircraft ;) ).

All the best 

TonyT

Am I missing the point here, surely Big Screen, Little Screen (anything that's appeared on Film or TV), would qualify here?  Should certainly cover the majority of Sci-Fi :shrug:

• Like 1

Most of the GBs I'm interested in (and voted for) seem to be lagging somewhat. <shrug> If they don't get in, they don't get in - I'll still build the subjects I want to build and share them here if I feel the need. Personally, I have very little interest in another Made in Britain GB, but good luck to those who do; if I want to get involved because my choices failed at the first jump, I can most likely use something from one of those to join in.

I've got an idea for a GB that I'm sitting on until the time is right - aircraft, armour, ships, figures, cars, trucks, (possibly) SF and real space (more research needed there yet), the whole shooting match. Hopefully it will get the support it needs from those who feel left out this year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Antoine said:

Frauenknecht has nothing to do with the Kfir. He did provide blueprints of ATAR 9C to Israël after the 1967 embargo. But those were not really needed because an agreement was reached soon after with the French government to by-pass the embargo, delivering engines and Mirage 5, built in France and assembled in Israël. 

End of OT.

Ah, so that part is true after all, I had heard about an agreement but at the time most claimed it was just a rumour and likely to be false.

5 hours ago, Rob G said:

Most of the GBs I'm interested in (and voted for) seem to be lagging somewhat. <shrug> If they don't get in, they don't get in - I'll still build the subjects I want to build and share them here if I feel the need. Personally, I have very little interest in another Made in Britain GB, but good luck to those who do; if I want to get involved because my choices failed at the first jump, I can most likely use something from one of those to join in.

I've got an idea for a GB that I'm sitting on until the time is right - aircraft, armour, ships, figures, cars, trucks, (possibly) SF and real space (more research needed there yet), the whole shooting match. Hopefully it will get the support it needs from those who feel left out this year.

Great idea Rob

First one build whatever you like don't quite finish it, then pop it in the KUTA, and bobs your uncle !

Second build idea let's call it the "All Inclusive GB" it comes with free drinks etc :drink:you can even build the hotel if you want to ! :tease:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Voting seems to have slowed down, in any case I thought I'd do up a list of the top voted GB's so far. The number represents the total number of votes as per the time of this post. 

1. Made In Britain - The Sequel 47
2. Dassault Mirage 43
3. Flying Boats and Float Planes 42
4. Radial Engines Rock 40
5. 70s NATO v Warsaw Pact 39
6. Matchbox II 37
7. From Russia with Love 37

8. Dawn of the Jet Age 36

9. De Havilland 33

10. Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers 32
10. Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command 32
10. Nightfighter II 32

Edited by Builder
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Builder said:

Voting seems to have slowed down, in any case I thought I'd do up a list of the top voted GB's so far. The number represents the total number of votes as per the time of this post. 

1. Made In Britain - The Sequel 47
2. Dassault Mirage 43
3. Flying Boats and Float Planes 42
4. Radial Engines Rock 40
5. 70s NATO v Warsaw Pact 39
6. Matchbox II 37
7. From Russia with Love 37

8. Dawn of the Jet Age 36

9. De Havilland 33

10. Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers 32
10. Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command 32
10. Nightfighter II 32

Nice work Builder :clap2:

Thank you for taking the time to do this and share it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

thanks for that too, think you have found a job!!! "Chief Tally Updater" :thumbsup:

We are going to have to make it sound a bit posher than that.... what about

Director of Group Build Poll Statistics ?

Then there's the Britmodeller share options, relocation package :evil_laugh:

Mike are you reading this ?

cheers Pat

• Like 3

Oh last year! I was very very nervous about the MTO GB going through or not. This year is different as I don't have a personal stake, though there are two proposals I'd host should they go through. Maybe I should do some advertising? Nah, good products sell themselves... Good luck guys, I'd like to build a Matchbox Norwegian (Nordic) He-115 floatplane maritime patrol aircraft... The whif nightfighter version in all silver scheme 😉

• Like 2

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

thanks for that too, think you have found a job!!! "Chief Tally Updater" :thumbsup:

How about "Mister Talley Man"? :D 

With apologies to Harry Belafonte.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

How about "Mister Talley Man"? :D 

With apologies to Harry Belafonte.  

I think you've got it!!  :thumbsup:

Least now we know what to call out when we want update.........not sure what the bananas will have to do with it though? :huh:

• Like 1

Pretty disgusted with this whole thread TBH.....Rather than broadening the scope of BM GBs, the exact opposite has happened. :mellow:

I propose that builders of subjects other than aircraft should boycott these GBs until BM makes some effort to cater to the wider modelling community.  :angry:

8 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pretty disgusted with this whole thread TBH.....Rather than broadening the scope of BM GBs, the exact opposite has happened. :mellow:

I propose that builders of subjects other than aircraft should boycott these GBs until BM makes some effort to cater to the wider modelling community.  :angry:

Even though I hardly ever build them I would like to see more tanks and ships etc, but what do you propose? 

Exactly what I posted Above.  :mellow:

Last year we had slots reserved for non-aircraft GBs, but this year the 'wingy-brigade' have been given free reign (allegedly on the grounds that they would be more considerate in future) with the inevitable consequences.....Total lack of consideration for anyone else.  :poke:

21 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Tell me, would the T-34, T-55, T-64, T-72 etc be a STGB?

16 minutes ago, old thumper said:

Even though I hardly ever build them I would like to see more tanks and ships etc, but what do you propose? 

I thought about the following:

- Quotas, say, "at least one non-aviation subject"

- Lucky looser - GB closest to lower threshold, that may be 30 votes. Suppose GBs A(55 votes), B(41 vote), C(32 votes) and D (28 votes) do not qualify then C comes through as it is closes to the threshold from above. This will guarantee that GB will receive enough attention and its subject is not trivial

- 3 year repetition ban. If it was in place then "NATO vs. WP, Made in Britain and WhatIf" will not be in the poll

• Like 1

Of the 6 leading GB's only 2 would exclude non aircraft modellers  (Mirage  and Flying Boats), the other 4 (Radial Engines, NATO vs WarPac 1970's, From Russia with love and Made in Britain), are all inclusive GB's that  invite other  genres.

• Like 1