• Nordic countries
    • Matchbox II
    • Radial Engines Rock
    • The Duel
    • Racing
    • Dassault Mirage
    • None in this group

This poll is closed to new votes

This is the poll which will decide the groupbuilds for 2017.

The poll will run from 0001 29 October to 2359 27 November.   However, if there is no movement for a period of seven days, the poll will end early.

You can vote for a maximum of six GBs in total.  At any time you can delete your existing votes and vote again by clicking on the "Show Vote Options". 

Looks like there's some problem... if I select all 6 entries from the first group I'm not allowed to vote as I'm asked to select one entry from the second group... now I remember that last year at least one non aircraft related GB had to be selected, this year however I've not heard of this. Besides, the two groups both contain aircraft and non aircraft related GBs

Okay, I think I've solved the problem.  The poll requires you to choose something in each group.  So I've added a "None In This Group" option to both groups.  

Just to reiterate, you can have up to six choices.  They can be in both groups or just one.  You could choose six from the first group and none from the second, but you would have to choose "None in this group" in the second one.

We decided not to go with forcing people to choose a non-aircraft related GB this year as the GBs are pretty well balanced. A large majority of them are general topics and will cater for non-aircraft subjects.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Is there somewhere which describes what each of the prospective GBs is about, some are pretty obvious but some not so, eg "big screen, little screen" I'm guessing movie/telly subjects but not sure.

Steve.

Hi Steve! Unless Enzo pops up with a better suggestion, you kind of have to go back to the Group Build Chat forum and hunt down the thread for the GB you're interested in. I was hoping the titles in the poll could be made "live" or "hot" or whatever, but that's probably a lot of work to accomplish for such a large number of titles.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/214-group-build-chat/

Big Screen/Little Screen:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975992-big-screen-little-screen-group-build-2017-if-its-been-seen-its-in-we-have-39/

John

Thanks John,  no worries in that, I was wondering was there a summary page somewhere. Some of these I've not been that aware of even though they must have been floating around on my view new content pages, too much skim reading perhaps. :unsure:

Steve.

I don't understand why the percentages (and therefore the length of the blue bars, which is what most people look at) are calculated on the basis of number of votes per page, not total number of votes for the whole poll. In other words, it's as if page 1 and page 2 are two separate polls. This makes it appear that five of the six options on page 2 are doing much better than any of the 19 on page 1. Yes, if you squint really hard, you can read the greyed-out actual number of votes at the end of each line, but if the blue bar-graph is not meaningful, or is outright misleading, then why have it?

John

Edited by John Thompson

16 hours ago, Wez said:

How do I delete my original vote?

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My apologies but it looks like that option is no longer available in this version of the forum software.

That's OK, I've somehow managed to vote according to the rules but the die is cast now, no more tactical re-voting towards the end of polling time!

Thinking the same thing PBS. Possibly a major rethink is needed due to the popularity of these GBs and STGBs. I like them as it gives me an excuse to start yet another project that will end up on the pile of doom more likely than not...

• Like 2

I feel it shows how vibrant Britmodeller is. 

Last year we made a major change to the way that STGBs are administered.  Rather than issuing a date as soon as an STGB became eligible, we decided to hold off on issuing any dates until December when the GB dates are decided. At that point, any STGB host who has got the required level of interest can request a slot - but for 2018.  Yes, we are that far ahead with STGBs.

As for GBs, those that fail to make the grade in the poll get an automatic entry into the following year's poll.  That means for the 2018 poll, there will already be 19 entrants without counting any new ones.  We may have to re-evaluate that rule.

Another possibility is to raise the entry thresholds once again: to 40 for GBs and 35 for STGBs. 

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Posted yesterday at 08:55 AM · Report post

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, Wez said:

How do I delete my original vote?

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

My apologies but it looks like that option is no longer available in this version of the forum software.

Hmm, too bad.

I used to adjust my preferences to boost GBs that I like but that don't get enough voices in expense of the ones that are already popular.

4 minutes ago, Pin said:

Posted yesterday at 08:55 AM · Report post

Hmm, too bad.

I used to adjust my preferences to boost GBs that I like but that don't get enough voices in expense of the ones that are already popular.

Update. It seems I can re-vote. I checked that the number of "voted members" does not change, so this does not seem like a voting engine abuse :)