G.W.H MiG-29 "Fulcrum C" 9-13 (1/48)

Aviano

This is a great kit! Lots of details!

Start work on the cockpit section, first PE and a drybrush with Tamiya pigments.

IMG_20161112_183928_zpsaykj12am.jpg

Oliver

• Like 6

2 hours ago, giemme said:

:Tasty:  I take this is a dry-fit, right? 

Ciao

yes, dry-fit ;)

Detail level is amazing! Only the AMK MiG is better.......

Oliver

• Like 1

On 2016. 11. 07. at 10:39 AM, Aviano said:

Started yesterday the MiG-29, here is the kit seat with the first Eduard PE

IMG_20161106_191014_zpszg7ykwg7.jpg

Oliver

One of the draw backs of the Eduard set (almost every Eduard set) is that the instructions are not clear! They should be of help to the modeller but in most cases they don’t give a clear support of what goes where.

In the case of the K-36DM ejection seat. The leg restrain has (on the real seat) two longer “straps” covered in black leather which are connected to the edge (near the centre) of both leg restrain/ ankle pads. At the forward end of this strap there is a black nylon rope which goes around to the other side of the leg restrain in a loop. The loops are attached to the bottom of the instrument panel (fixed with frangible thread) so forming a loop around the leg of the pilot but allowing him free movement within that loop. When the seat is fired the loop / the rope is retracted into the outer side of the legrestrain system drawing with it the strap which in term catches the feet of the pilot within the loop and fixes the legs to the ankle support.

On the photo the “straps” look like they are a wraparound of the leg, a padding of the ankle support. Unfortunately I have seen it reproduced this way on many seats.

The two “straps” should be looking forward and up and surround the control stick assembly.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

One of the draw backs of the Eduard set (almost every Eduard set) is that the instructions are not clear! They should be of help to the modeller but in most cases they don’t give a clear support of what goes where.

In the case of the K-36DM ejection seat. The leg restrain has (on the real seat) two longer “straps” covered in black leather which are connected to the edge (near the centre) of both leg restrain/ ankle pads. At the forward end of this strap there is a black nylon rope which goes around to the other side of the leg restrain in a loop. The loops are attached to the bottom of the instrument panel (fixed with frangible thread) so forming a loop around the leg of the pilot but allowing him free movement within that loop. When the seat is fired the loop / the rope is retracted into the outer side of the legrestrain system drawing with it the strap which in term catches the feet of the pilot within the loop and fixes the legs to the ankle support.

On the photo the “straps” look like they are a wraparound of the leg, a padding of the ankle support. Unfortunately I have seen it reproduced this way on many seats.

The two “straps” should be looking forward and up and surround the control stick assembly.

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks for the info, Gabor!

I will correct that immediately. (it is not so clear in the instruction as you said!)

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you gentleman!

Must excuse me for no updates/news or stuff but my fahter has lost his fight against cancer and at the moment my mojo is about 0%.............

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

That is very sad news indeed, please accept my sincerest condolences, take some time out, take as long as you like, we'll still be here when your mojo returns and you feel like picking up the kit again.

Best wishes

Ant

• 1 month later...

Good morning gentleman, happy new 2017!

thank you for the condolences. My wife and our little daughter give me a strong hold and between the holidays i spend time in modelling, hopefully i´m back in business.

The Fulcrum is in the garbage can, the kit - especially the section under the intakes are horror...... for a kit ~ € 80,00 without words! To many fails and to many of my own errors.

Otherwise, i started the AMK MiG-31 B/BS Foxhound (first class kit) with Eduard PE

IMG_20170106_115346_zps3orfoxuk.jpg

and the Hasegawa F/A-18F with Eduard PE and Fightertown decals

IMG_20170106_115323_zps45hmleib.jpg

Both aircrafts will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks and pics will be shown in RFI section.

Regards, Oliver

• Like 2

Hi Oliver,

Great to see you back, it's real real shame about the GWH MiG-29, I've got 2 of them in the stash, so I'll be sure to be ultra careful with the fit when they eventually reach the workbench.

It's good to see your 2 other projects are reaching the finish line, both are looking splendid, I particularly like the finish on Hornet.

Happy modelling.

Ant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giemme said:

:wow: You've been busy, haven't you? :coolio:  Too bad about the Fulcrum, but these two look great :clap: 

Ciao

Grazie, Giorgio!

Yes, busy as always B) I Have another Fulcrum kit in stash, so sometimes.....maybe.........

Oliver

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntPhillips said:

Hi Oliver,

Great to see you back, it's real real shame about the GWH MiG-29, I've got 2 of them in the stash, so I'll be sure to be ultra careful with the fit when they eventually reach the workbench.

It's good to see your 2 other projects are reaching the finish line, both are looking splendid, I particularly like the finish on Hornet.

Happy modelling.

Ant

Hi,

yes a shame but give the kit a chance, i made to many errors on it! I´m sure you can make it better then i did!

The other two ones started after the Fulcrum disaster and especially the MiG-31 is a first class kit to build. The finish on the Hornet was hard to made, i saw a few of them on Britmodeller and ARC and wanted to create such a worn/heavy weathered look, but without an airbrush it´s difficult, but i managed it with oilpaints, pigments and finishing-products from Ammo of Mig and vallejo.

Oliver

Update, the finish line is in sight ;)

IMG_20170115_100007_zpshpnyq22x.jpg

IMG_20170115_095724_zpsnzlqfotx.jpg

IMG_20170115_100418_zpst9iklp5w.jpg

IMG_20170115_095628_zpsbidvdtls.jpg

Now i´m waiting for my display base (coastal kits).................

Hope you like my bug!

Oliver

• Like 4

wow!

great and realistic your Hornet and MiG-31!

sorry for the Fulcrum, maybe next time! would be boring if all would go straight and easy, no?

headsup!

all the best,

Werner

On 16.1.2017 at 9:17 AM, Flyingdutchman said:

Too bad the GWH made it to the dustbin. Nevertheless you did not loose you mojo! The Hornet and Mig-31 look fabulous!

Evert

Thanks Evert,

Hornet and MiG are almost ready!

On 16.1.2017 at 9:26 AM, exdraken said:

wow!

great and realistic your Hornet and MiG-31!

sorry for the Fulcrum, maybe next time! would be boring if all would go straight and easy, no?

headsup!

all the best,

Werner

Hi Werner, thank you (oder danke, wie Du willst :) )

Yes, the Fulcrum..... not a bad kit, but i had some problems . the AMK kit is probably the best i had in my hands! But i ordered the new Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest MK II Hi-tech........ let us look!

And when the new AMK Tomcat will be ready to order i´m the first on the bench!

But wait, what´s with you Black Hawk?

Oiver

1 hour ago, Aviano said:

Hi Werner, thank you (oder danke, wie Du willst :) )

Yes, the Fulcrum..... not a bad kit, but i had some problems . the AMK kit is probably the best i had in my hands! But i ordered the new Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest MK II Hi-tech........ let us look!

And when the new AMK Tomcat will be ready to order i´m the first on the bench!

But wait, what´s with you Black Hawk?

Oiver

Hi Oliver,

AMK Tomcat is indeed tempting.... I decided longer time ago not to touch the 1/32nd scale world.... 1/48 is big enough for me.... so I can't comment on the Tempest...

concerning the Black Hawk:

it needs painting more than anything else, if remembered correctly, I somehow stoped wih the small gunners/ observers side windows.....they are a bit complicated and fiddley!

lost momentum a bit, but is definitely not doomed!.... was distracted with the Huey groupbuild, and then entered the Mustang GB as well.... and then the AMX and MIG-25 landed on the workbench....I guess after the MiG, that is a very straight forward ;) build, I will try to finish the Alpine Hawk!

Edited by exdraken

29 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Hi Oliver,

AMK Tomcat is indeed tempting.... I decided longer time ago not to touch the 1/32nd scale world.... 1/48 is big enough for me.... so I can't comment on the Tempest...

concerning the Black Hawk:

it needs painting more than anything else, if remembered correctly, I somehow stoped wih the small gunners/ observers side windows.....they are a bit complicated and fiddley!

lost momentum a bit, but is definitely not doomed!.... was distracted with the Huey groupbuild, and then entered the Mustang GB as well.... and then the AMX and MIG-25 landed on the workbench....I guess after the MiG, that is a very straight forward ;) build, I will try to finish the Alpine Hawk!

Good news, the MiG-25 looks like an interesting kit!

Will watch the progress.

Oliver