1/48 B-25 Mitchell II

Here is my Italeri (re-packaged Accurate Miniature) B 25 built as a Mitchell II of 180 Squadron based at Foulsham, U.K. in July 1943.

This beautifully detailed kit went together like a dream and looks the part in spite of it’s age. It was finished in Tamiya acrylics and then the usual Future/ Xtracrylix gloss and flat coats.

Murphy determines that no build is perfect (I know of at least one boo-boo).........so, feel free to point out what you pick up  :-)

Cheers.....Etienne.

B%2025%20-5.jpg

B%2025-1.jpg

B%2025-%206.jpg

B%2025-3.jpg

B%2025-4.jpg

B%2025-%207.jpg

B25-%202.jpg

• Like 56

Very nice build. RAF Mitchells are a favourite of mine and you have done justice to subject.

I cycled to Foulsham a couple of years ago. The runways have been reduced in width but the hangars and control tower are still there. A few more trees than in the picture. In the middle of nowhere it has to be said. It is one of the more complete WW2 airfields left.

Will

Another fantastic model from you Etienne,.......love the Mitchell in RAF colours and yours is superb! I always look forward to your models.

Cheers

Tony

Just a little dumb question to you Etiennedup, because I have in my stash the original B-25 Mitchell

issued by Accurate Miniatures. The kit includes a nose weight, some metal bits, but is it sufficient

to hold the B-25 on its three legs, or is it still a tail sitter? I ask this because I would prefer to add more weight

if necessary so long it is till possible.

Many thanks in advance. Polo.

Thanks chaps....as said previously, the fact that I am retired helps.....time is no problem.

Polo,  about those nose weights......I can’t say as I used tiny lead balls that utilises  every  available little

nook and cranny. I also strengthened the nose gear.

Bye for now.....

On 28/10/2016 at 2:55 AM, Etiennedup said:

Murphy determines that no build is perfect (I know of at least one boo-boo).........so, feel free to point out what you pick up  :-)

Well, I took the challenge, and I don't know whether I "found something", but there's a funny joggle to the leading edge boots just outboard of the nacelles (outer wing panels higher than inner).  Is that the way they actually were?

Anyway, very nice build.  I also took advantage of your profile of the model and the real thing pic to compare the noses, which is something people often complain about on the Acc Min kit.  I can't say I see the problem!

bob

Edited by gingerbob
fix typo