1/5.5 E2046 Dark Elf Combat Resin Cast and 1/6 E2046 Shunya's Demon Resin Cast

Lee Chambers

Hi guys, I've been working for the last few months on and off with these resin kits. I thought I would get them finished off for the Halloween season. I hope to get them finished by this Saturday, they are my first attempt at painting figure models with flesh tones and also my first attempt at painting eyes. I used a cocktail stick to paint the eyes in and the details around them. I've just given the models a lacquer gloss coat to seal the work that I have already done and I shall be adding some fine details tomorrow and then giving the model a dull coat apart from the eyes and the lips which I will leave in a gloss finish. To be continued.

P0u4JGM.jpg
AjW7TgQ.jpg
ccmtbTV.jpg
1xiAK4d.jpg
pSqJ8Lw.jpg
62Z5Kuw.jpg
agq2QWz.jpg
ObVATpb.jpg
wqhvcDc.jpg
KhMzuBY.jpg
OGHULdi.jpg
sP42v25.jpg
BqSfGra.jpg
PjYX1Om.jpg
EGme6U6.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2

Wow, those are good Lee.  The gloss finish is something else and brave of you to attempt it. Never seen anything like it before.  The finish is almost like a ceramic glaze. Stunning ! !

BillyD

Ps did you use eye decals ? if not then double WoW ! :lol:

20 hours ago, Billydick said:

Wow, those are good Lee.  The gloss finish is something else and brave of you to attempt it. Never seen anything like it before.  The finish is almost like a ceramic glaze. Stunning ! !

BillyD

Ps did you use eye decals ? if not then double WoW ! :lol:

Thanks mate for the kind words,i used a cocktail stick to paint the eye,s by hand,no decals in the kits,i would still have painted them myself anyway,just to push my skills,it was definitely out of my comfort zone doing these ladies!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billydick said:

Just realised yours is the Honda CX Turbo build as well  Lee.... now there's diversity for you !  Brilliant ! :)

BillyD

Yes,i am trying my hand at all types of model building,i think it improves your overall skills,and gives you a healthy respect for other modellers skills,i think figure painting is the hardest test i have tried so far,i will be building more vinyl models in the future and vacform kits.

At the moment i am back building my 1/6 scale Honda CB1100R i should have some pics to post of the build soon.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...