F/A-18A Hornet

Ian

Kit - Hobbyboss 1:48

Paint - All enamels

Decals - CAM (Squadron markings), Aeromaster (all stencils)

Extras - Quickboost resin seat, Weapons from Hasegawa weapons set & spares box.

McDD F/A-18A Hornet

VFA-15 'Valions'

USS John F. Kennedy

1_zps65vcfe5d.jpg

2_zps3awmhvoe.jpg

3_zps07atxftf.jpg

4_zps2zkfp5fw.jpg

5a_zpsulimdlj1.jpg

5b_zpsfqzmpwij.jpg

6_zpsv5qneyjs.jpg

7_zpsbfksvmvf.jpg

7a_zpswhxviptr.jpg

7b_zpswveocolc.jpg

7c_zpsauar7k36.jpg

base_zpsctqthz4a.jpg

Built for the 'Desert Storm' Campaign/GB over at Modellers Alliance. Thoroughly enjoyed this kit but surprised at 'generic' cockpit details and total lack of transparencies for nav & formation lights - very odd. Exceptionally detailed landing gear which surprisingly dropped in to position without a fuss. No not as well fitting as the Hasegawa kit but not nearly as expensive either.

Please feel free to make any comments, criticisms or ask any questions.

Ian.

• Like 27

Ian,

This is One Brilliant ‘Bug’ build, and what a beautiful weathered finish!

My only comment (not criticism) is for such a weathered Bird, I am surprised the white bits (U/C bays and even the access ladder) aren’t a wee bit grubbier. May be the ground crew have been out with their 'rag spanners' (cleaning cloths), but as ex-ground crew myself – my experience is that didn’t happen very often. Just an observation of an otherwise perfect model. :)

Edited by 29Triplex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 29Triplex said:

My only comment (not criticism) is for such a weathered Bird, I am surprised the white bits (U/C bays and even the access ladder) aren’t a wee bit grubbier. May be the ground crew have been out with their 'rag spanners' (cleaning cloths), but as ex-ground crew myself – my experience is that didn’t happen very often. Just an observation of an otherwise perfect model. 

Yep, I see what you're saying... It's sort-of my fault because I over-adjusted the contrast setting when I ran the pics through the photo-editor. There is a grimy brown/black wash in the bays and on the gears/ladder, it's just 'bleached out' in the photo's. 

If you can get over to NZ on Armistice weekend, you can see it 'in person' at the AiC show in Cambridge :rolleyes:Thanks for the positive comments, folks, very much appreciated.

Ian.