Dornier Do 17Z-7 Kauz I

I have just completed this new kit from Airfix, I think that Airfix has done a very good job on this kit and it fits very well.

I chosen to convert it to a Z-7 nightfighter using the OWL conversion set.

I have used a lot of time on researching the camoflage scheme, first I contacted Owl asking for a reference photo documentation that the scheme in the decals offering was correct, but did give a weak answer that they could publish photo bla.bla.

My own research had give me the conclution that the overall black scheme I quistionable, base on the photo published in Luftwaffe im Focus 10, from Start Verlag, and the fact that only 3 aircrafts was converted to Z-7,  comparing the spinners and the placement of NJG shield I also backup the finding that Axel Urbanke claims that this aircraft is R4+HK. 

So I have gone for a 70/71/65 scheme thats has been overpainted in black on undersurface and sides.

A thing that was not in the conversion kit from OWL was the armoured glass on the front of the cocktit I had scratch something here, and also the FUG under the  fuselage.

20161026_174619.jpg20161026_174630.jpg20161026_174714.jpg20161026_174729.jpgUntitled-1_4.jpgDo_17_Z-7_Kauz_I_of_the_NJG_2_Gilze-Rije18-1.jpg

cheers

Jes

• Like 16