We're back (almost)

Thank you to everyone for your patience whilst we've been away. We're now back in the UK and will be back in Aberdeenshire tomorrow :)

I'll spare everyone the full suite of holiday snaps, but if anyone is stuck for a holiday destination, I can highly recommend the island of Jamaica for it's scenery, weather, experiences, laid back atmosphere and most of all, the warmest and most welcoming people I've come across. We've been elsewhere in the Caribbean but Jamaica has compelled us to visit 3 times now.

FB_IMG_1476752271965_zpshztwqyhg.jpg

A "Bob Marley" - pinacollada, lots of rum, strawberry slush, mango and blue curacoa

FB_IMG_1476752264187_zps2hjcigii.jpg

Mountainous terrain and all that comes with that

20161018_130700_zpshbxoo5x1.jpg

20161018_092034_zps87ze3uau.jpg

Non-aggressive salt water crocodiles

20161018_110517_zps8s3w7l7g.jpg

Some amazing places to go snorkelling or scuba diving (including inside this cave)

20161016_140702_zpsowd0opin.jpg

And of course, lots and lots of relaxed sailing (even if their boats aren't painted the right colour!)

FB_IMG_1476574030129_zpsisbez5hs.jpg

• Like 2

We went to Barbados in 2006 and can only echo your comments about the people, extremely warm and welcoming!

The only thing that stops me going back is the heat (anything over 5 degrees is a heatwave), that and the constant Bob Marley pounding out from every speaker, from every vehicle, radio, TV to such an extent that I only have to hear the opening notes from Jamming or No Women, No Cry and I develop a nervous twitch :)

• Like 1