HATAKA Paints?

Julien

I to was interested in these when I first saw them but the reviews they got on line were pretty poor. I still gave them a go and the reviews turned out to be correct. I had the 'USAF Vietnam war era' set and the colour coverage was very poor, I had to give twice as many coats via airbrush as usual just to stop them looking 'patchy'. I also found the 'dark tan' to be a poor colour match aswell.

HTH. ATB.

Gaz

Edited by Gazmill

I've used them quite extensively when brush painting. Fast becoming my favourite paint for brush painting, and while I know that isn't helpful for those who airbrush, once I worked out how these paints worked I've gotten really great results out of them. I think it's a bit like anything really, you just have to learn how it works to get the most out of it. I took the plunge in the face of pretty bad reviews and was pleasantly surprised. 

A year ago I bought one jar of FS34079 and did some trial runs with different thinners in my H&S Infinity. I never had with any paints such bad results. It was impossible to spray a constant flow longer than 2 or 3 seconds. I also have used their own thinner, but result was the same. I gave it to a colleague and he experienced the same and binned it.

Referring to a thread in the Czech Modelforum, a Hataka official stated, that there was an "old formula". Accordingly, it seems they reworked the paints and may be I will give the a second chance. http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=97311&start=30