1/48th Hasegawa Mustang Mk.IV, 112 Sqn, Italy 1945

Hiya Folks,......here is another Mustang from the MTO Group Build,......this time a Hasegawa kit built as a silver Mk.IV in 112 Sqn markings with the famous sharks mouth. Although this particular aircraft, KH745 was earlier flown as Wing Commander Brian Eaton bearing his personal `BAE' codes and a Desert Air Force shield,(as seen in another one of my models here);

bae-1.jpg

,.......it later moved to 112 Sqn and judging from the reference photo which I used KH745 was quite well worn by the time it was photographed in 112 Sqn markings so I`ve dulled it down and dirtied it up a bit here;

DSCF9274_zpsm2vgmumg.jpg

DSCF9273_zpsq5u6gkjj.jpg

DSCF9271_zpsrnanvpad.jpg

DSCF9270_zpscerrbrop.jpg

DSCF9264_zpstpjc04dd.jpg

DSCF9269_zpsm0n5rljk.jpg

DSCF9265_zpszxrisy4l.jpg

The main silver finish was from a Tamiya rattle can but the rest was brush painted including the anti glare panel and the varnish. Here is the WIP;

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 37

Hello,Tony - My full compliments to you,as always.Here's another beautifully built and finished subject.I love this 'Mustang' very much.The 'sharkmouth'scheme suits this aircraft to a tee.A hallmark class piece of work,my friend!:clap:All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello again,Tony - I wonder if you'll be tempted to build the announced Airfix 1/48 version of the 'Mustang'?Going up against the likes of your Hasegawa kit and also Tamiya's rendition,it will certainly make an interesting comparison.:hmmm:All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello again,Tony - I wonder if you'll be tempted to build the announced Airfix 1/48 version of the 'Mustang'?Going up against the likes of your Hasegawa kit and also Tamiya's rendition,it will certainly make an interesting comparison.:hmmm:All the very best,Paul.

Hiya Paul,.....thanks for your very kind comments and yes,......I`m looking forward to building the new Airfix Mustang,....I hope that they include the British specific nose mounted louvres and also a P-51K style propeller plus at least one British decal option,....... but I have many more Mustang`s yet to build including RAAF & SAAF,...both WW2 & Korea, Kiwi post war, more RAF and some more USAAF ones too! 

All the best mate,

Tony

• Like 1

That,s another fine build Tony,love the finish on her I,m building "Dooleybird" in the Mustang GB and that's persuaded me to finish in Tamiya's canned

silver!

• Like 1

Hey Tony, that's a really nice looking build. I really like the metal finish. Thanks for posting. How did you do the metal finish ? Any info would be definitely appreciated.               Bob H.

• Like 1

Another cracking build Tony, looks great, do love the lines of the Mustang specially in Roundels.  I built the ICM MkIII and enjoyed that immensely. I now have another kit on the wishlist, SWMBO is not going to be pleased you know!!!

Thanks for sharing

All the best
Chris

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

Hey Tony, that's a really nice looking build. I really like the metal finish. Thanks for posting. How did you do the metal finish ? Any info would be definitely appreciated.               Bob H.

Have a look at the attached WIP under the last photo Bob,.....it is just a Tamiya rattle can with matt varnish applied over the top to dull it down mate. 

Thanks again for your kind comments everybody,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony. The Tamiya rattle can might be a nice simple way to come up with the NMF. Whenever I use the rattle cans I like to soak them in really hot water for a few minutes. The warm paint flows and lays out better. With the dull coat it makes the finish look very realistic .. the way that most of the planes would have looked during periods of heavy service. I like yours a lot.                Bob H.

• Like 1