1/72 - Martin JRM-1/-3 Mars by Amodel - released

Homebee

To be honest, Radders, I expected the Princess to follow on shortly after the Brabazon, especially as it seemed to be the more popular subject. But then, who knows what goes through the wonderful (and slightly dotty) minds of the folks at Amodel.

Regards,

Jason

but i am at a loss as to what tools i need in order to file, sand..... generally massage the AModel fiberglass in order to get the same results i get with polystyrene.

Usual blow torch, sledge hammer and rasp file David,  I found I needed to lightly file the fuselage seam lines first then used wet and dry paper working through to Micro mesh cloths especially for a natural metal finish, the thing that takes the most time was either rescribing the myriad panel lines which were sometimes a little vague and/or 'clogged' or filling and removing them completely. 

Talking of these huge sea planes a Latecoere 631 would also be a great choice......a beautiful design, typical French design flair....

My girlfriend told me se knew a place for it at our home ( no no not the bin) and she wants me to buy one.....never saw that coming.

There was only one stringent rule to it ...i had to do the firebomber version....:D:D wel that is the only one i had in mind.

Edited by janneman36
bad spelling
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2017 at 5:19 AM, Rob G said:

As much as I like the subject matter (also Brabazon, Princess etc), I can't help thinking that they would've had a MUCH bigger market potential in 1/144.

It's great to see these but I'd also like to see them in 1/144 too...... but as all plastic kits.

On 2016-10-23 at 6:34 PM, dogsbody said:

From 2011 when the Mars was on a local lake during the May fire season.

DSCF0533.jpg

Chris

Dang nab it.   It left about a week before I got there and was on the wrong part of the fire to see it or the dc-10 

just not not sure if I have the shelf space for one in this scale

18 hours ago, foresterab said:

Dang nab it.   It left about a week before I got there and was on the wrong part of the fire to see it or the dc-10 

just not not sure if I have the shelf space for one in this scale

I had heard about it coming up here on the news, during a nightshift. As soon as I got home that morning I grabbed the camera and drove out to Gregoire Lake and snapped a few pics. I had one more nightshift to do and next morning I was back out with the camera and a video camera, too. As I'm the moderator on The Flyingboat forum ( http://theflyingboatforum.forumlaunch.net/index.php ) I felt it was my duty to get pics and video, especially as it was only 25kms. from home.

Here is the video I shot that morning. I know it's not great but it's the best I could do.

https://youtu.be/j-_MlIzZaZw

https://youtu.be/1_VruJgYVgA

Chris

I bought one this afternoon in Amsterdam ......still have to collect it so i have to rent a trailer for it....

Can't wait to start this mother of all firebombers ( bought the Coulson of course)

I wonder how it looks next to a Canadair 215...

I want one of these so much, but it's just too big. The fuselage length is fine - shorter than my Tu-134 - but the wingspan's the killer. But if I can make some space for it....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Hannants taking orders for these at £240. UK (£200 overseas) No release date given.

I've ordered one from Hobbyterra, £159.76 with free postage, I got 5% off the asking price as I had ordered from them before..

Wow, tucked away in the turtle shell I call "parenting", I missed this one completely. I wonder is there a marking option for the mars that has old WW2 style stars'n'bars without the red bars?