In the Navy Chat

rob85

I would like to partake if I may?  Adds to my Aces of the FAA Theme that is currently underway, I have a range in the stash to choose from, which I may take the opportunity to expand before the GB...  BTW is the RNAS included?

• Like 1

Good show.....This GB has massive potential, don't the various navies of the world launch the odd space rocket too?  :hmmm:

Actually pushing things a bit, could we include sci-fi space navies too.....It would be great to have a GB the sci-fi builders could join with their preferred subjects (and we have some really rather good sci-fi modellers hereabouts).  I wouldn't mind seeing the Galactica or a Star Destroyer alongside my Ekranoplan, LCAC or RMSG Centaur.....Just a thought.  :coolio: 

PS - I really want a 1/72 Ekranoplan A-90.....Amodel, are you listening?  :pray:

• Like 2

Hmmm, sarge that's a thought provoking question! And I am not sure what to say... I will think, or in fact if anyone else has an opinion?? (Not that I have anything against sci-fi, just not sure how to manage that aspect) 

from an amour our point of view I wanted to try and include that so that's why I went for anything that is under the control of the navy.... so land forces, special forces the whole 9 yards

Everyone else i will pop your names on the list when I get a mo, cheers for responding! 

Rob

1 hour ago, rob85 said:

Hmmm, sarge that's a thought provoking question! And I am not sure what to say... I will think, or in fact if anyone else has an opinion?? (Not that I have anything against sci-fi, just not sure how to manage that aspect) 

from an amour our point of view I wanted to try and include that so that's why I went for anything that is under the control of the navy.... so land forces, special forces the whole 9 yards

Everyone else i will pop your names on the list when I get a mo, cheers for responding! 

Rob

Technically speaking, isn't the definition of "navy" as a branch of the military that conducts operations at sea.  I'll be more inclined to think sci-fi is more to do with outer space and don't think the word navy was mentioned in Star Trek, Star Wars etc.  Also, if we start introducing the word "fiction" - does that mean fictional navies could be included too from computer games for instance...

• Like 1

I have considered the above and decided to keep this to real navies, are the good Sgt said himself there is great scope in this GB and some navies have built some pretty crazy stuff! In fact I could challenge people to find some of the craziest stuff they can... as long as it was built and used by a real life navy... I just feel the GB would have ended up way too broad.... sorry.

the above have been added, apart from V-P as you didn't specify... come on in mate the waters lovely!

Rob

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

The water's cold... But count me in anyway 😁

Well I didn't say it was warm, cold can be lovely.... whatever floats your boat (Boom Boom) :)

you are both added, thanks chaps

Rob

Another one to be counted in. As my stash is heavily FAA there is an obvious start. Though as 825 junior plays American Football for the Portsmouth Destroyers and it's a long time since I built a ship, the idea of building a Portsmouth based RN destroyer is beguiling. 

• Like 1