In the Navy Chat

rob85

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Olay, you've broken the forum software again!   There are 97 entries in the Gallery.  There is no way that the poll can handle that many entries!!!

You lot are doing this deliberately, intcha?  :lol:  

Edit:  Now 99.  Can we break the century? 

I think I can help with that... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Olay, you've broken the forum software again!   There are 97 entries in the Gallery.  There is no way that the poll can handle that many entries!!!

You lot are doing this deliberately, intcha?  :lol:  

Edit:  Now 99.  Can we break the century? 

Absolutely.  Mine is only about an hour out.  ;)

• Thanks 1

thanks you all for the great GB!

was a joy!

and so many ships last minute in THE GALLERY!  really nice and something I am not used to see ;)

managed to slip in my Spaniard :) :) 

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 3

Just finished a very enjoyable trawl through the final additions to the gallery dishing out lots of likes.  Well done everybody.

AW

• Like 1

that was a great Group Build! 

I got my kid to help me with photographing my models today:

kiddowithdiorama.jpg

Later this evening (DC time) she says, "Dad! I made this thing to help you with your show and tell on your model shipbuilding". Show & tell was how I explained a GB to her.

I took a look and she'd taken the idea of the mock-up diorama there and made it into this:

IMG_20200614_203103059.jpg

Time to get her a profile on Britmodeller I guess!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

that was a great Group Build! 

I got my kid to help me with photographing my models today:

kiddowithdiorama.jpg

Later this evening (DC time) she says, "Dad! I made this thing to help you with your show and tell on your model shipbuilding". Show & tell was how I explained a GB to her.

I took a look and she'd taken the idea of the mock-up diorama there and made it into this:

IMG_20200614_203103059.jpg

Time to get her a profile on Britmodeller I guess!

Amazing! Always best to start them young then they won’t know any different 😃!

your turn out on ships has been outstanding!

Rob

• Like 1

Sadly it time has been called on our ‘in the Navy’ group build, I must say it has far exceeded the expectations I had when I first tried getting this through years ago. Lockdown was definitely a helpful factor in the regard of output being so high I think, but the variety of builds is all down to the cracking input of everyone that joined in.

I think everyone that has taken part has really paid tribute to the navies all around the world and shown how multifaceted they are. I also think it’s fitting we should be ending on  D+7 just over a week after probably they biggest navel achievement in history!

thank you for joining in and I hope you found it good fun!

Rob

• Like 4

It has certainly been a hell of GB for a subject that almost didn't even make the ballot.  :boom:

Hats off to everyone that participated...finished or not.  Loved the diversity of builds in this one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

It has certainly been a hell of GB for a subject that almost didn't even make the ballot.  :boom:

Hats off to everyone that participated...finished or not.  Loved the diversity of builds in this one.

Yeah nearly didn’t get there and after losing it’s first one years before, then ends up top of the list! Were and inconsistent bunch!

Rob

• Like 1

if I counted correctly, this one even tops the Nordic GB that just crashed the forum software and ended up with over 100 gallery entries a ~ month ago!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed this GB, even managed to build an Airfix HC.4 Sea King from the RN at the end, but did not expect to complete it before the GB ended so did not log it. Then the GB was extended...The Sea King went really well, and was absolutely a dream to put together.

Thanks to all the entrants and the Mods, it has been wonderful!

All the best everyone,

Ray

• Like 1

I made it, I made it, I made it!  First one completed in time, granted this was only my 2nd GB.  Missed the first one's deadline by a couple weeks.   Eduard 1/48 Hellcat is quite the treat!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

"Show and tell" is exactly what we do in groupbuilds. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

if I counted correctly, this one even tops the Nordic GB that just crashed the forum software and ended up with over 100 gallery entries a ~ month ago! 

I have noticed over the past couple of years that groupbuilds are increasing popularity - especially the classic ones and those which (like this one) provide a diversity of subjects.

There is also a hardcore cadre of groupbuilders who just keep coming back for more.  And that cadre is constantly growing!  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1