WW1 Colour photos

Viking

I came across this site featuring re-coloured black & white photos by a young Brazillian lady, Marina Amaral. She taught herself from a young age to use photoshop to apply colours, and carefuly researches the correct colours forn uniforms, medals and all details. The results do bring an astoninshing reality to the photos.

She does all sorts of subjects, a few of which are WW1. my favourites are;

Manfred Von Richthofen

French Soldiers

A sniper of the 6th Battalion, York and Lancaster Regiment

Herman Goering at Nuremburg

And WW2

303 Polish Sqn pilots

Wounded soldier on Omaha beach

440 (Canadian) Sqn Typhoon pilot

French boys & knocked out German Tank, Falaise pocket.

Full set of historic photos she has worked on

here

There are some astonshingly old one from the American Civil war.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

They are remarkable. Some slight inconsistencies like the unfocused one dimensional appearance of Von Richthofen's uniform and Pour Le Merite which jars against the remarkable work that has been done on his face. Still excellent and must have taken hours of painstaking work on each one. The eyes of the MP on the left in the Goring shot are a bit crazy.

If I could afford for her to colour my Lancaster collection I would be so over the moon, no future publication need rely on old boring photos; these colour versions certainly bring them to life.

I know of another chap here in Blighty that does a similar thing and I have a beaut of a photo of a Lancaster taken at the former, RAF Station Grimsby near to me.

Edited by Mancunian airman