Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I Ausf. E 'Mid Production'

Hi all!

May I present to you the Tiger I destined for the 'The Great Patriotic War Group Build' but unfortunately wasn't quite finished in time. Including life in general, other factors such as getting to grips with the zimmerit of which it was my first time as well as being the first camouflage paint job i've ever done and some other firsts meant that this was one slow build for me, but hey-ho, she's done!

Shes's painted with Tamiya acrylics and Humbrol Enamels with weathering mainly consisting of homemade washes and filters out of oil paint. The mud is Vallejo and is the 'Dark Earth' variant. For my first time using it, i found it was of a gritty texture and was thick. It went on well and stuck decently; all in all it is actually a very good product, and I'd like to get my hands on the other 'shades' they do.

In terms of the finish, Hannant's own enamel matt varnish was thinned slightly with white spirit and went on well, as well as toning areas down effectively as it is not completely colourless.

The track is friulmodel's very own, and construction i found was made easier where I abandoned the wire supplied for a pack of dressmakers pins with them just being sheared off at the end of construction. To finish the track off I tarnished it in Ultimate's brand of burnishing liquid which although good needed chucking afterwards as it was starting to lose effectiveness when i stuck some extra links in for spare track.

One thing to add though, I noticed that this Tiger seems to omit the lower half of the spare track stowage, as far as i'm aware the track is meant to slot into a point on the turret side and be secured by the hinges on top of the turret.

photo 100_6980_zpstwcgiqqv.jpg

photo 100_6972_zpszptmbnqk.jpg

photo 100_6973_zps4cf3dppc.jpgphoto 100_6974_zpsgomdjttx.jpg

photo 100_6976_zpswyibeprf.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Sam

• Like 24