A ride through Belfast ..

arni

Garn, that's not Belfast. I've been to Belfast, it looks nothing like the video.

:)

Sobering to think that every single one of the people in this footage are now deceased, even the wee ones. And what changes must they have seen in their lifetimes.

Thanks for sharing that.

With all but one of the other omnibuses displaying Ormeau and Malone Roads I'm tempted to think along Great Victoria Street, turning at Shaftesbury Square and the Black Man [before he was there of course]

One of the fancy fronts, you only see a bottom bit, with columns, looks like the old entrance to Great Victoria Street Railway Station before the newer one was built in around '05. The York Street station had a similar but larger entrance portico.

If I was to bother I could note down a couple of the shop names and look them up in a Belfast Street Directory for 01 to 05 and see if they show up.

I actually think the film is not shown in chronological order.

It shows Robinson and Cleavers which is obviously Donegall Place, I looked up one of the shops, a Glover's, and they had premises at 7 and 21 Royal Ave. and Arnott's was in High Street, and it obviously ends at the Albert clock, so working back I still haven't a clue of the first road, although you could be right about the front of GVS station.

Still, it's fascinating to watch, thanks for posting arni.

• Like 1