"The Chase" - 1/35 Masterbox

Hello everybody; this little scene has been done as a project for the Vignette Group Build. It's based on Masterbox 1/35 Yankee Scout and Tracker kit; there's quite an extensive build thread here if you're interested in; also, here is the link at the GB gallery. Comments welcome.

Gallery1gallery2gallery3gallery4gallery5finito1finito3finito5finito6finito7finito8finito9finito10finito

Ciao

• Like 16

That's really rather nice. The standouts for me are the horse leg painting where the blending of colours looks really natural and the Indian stripey cloth. I would have chickened out and done it all one colour. Great work.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2016 at 18:32, Darby said:

That's really rather nice. The standouts for me are the horse leg painting where the blending of colours looks really natural and the Indian stripey cloth. I would have chickened out and done it all one colour. Great work.

Cheers Darby, thank you! :thumbsup: The color blending on th ehorse legs came out pretty easily, all I needed was a ref pic, and luckily the 'net is full of them :winkgrin: As for the Indian cloth, it didn't come out as intended, but it was the first time for me painting embroidery and this small of a scale, so at the end of the day I'm happy with it.

On 22/10/2016 at 18:42, Richard E said:

Looks good and it's been a pleasure to follow your WIP thread - a couple of the close up pictures would probably look very lifelike if they were finished in a period sepia finish.

Thanks Richard! :thumbsup:  Like this?

finito5 - Copia

Thanks for the idea :thumbsup2:

On 23/10/2016 at 06:05, HL-10 said:

Very impressive work!

The horse is especially well done, as is the cavalry man. :)

Cheers HL-10, thank you :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

I think you already know that I like this A LOT! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Yeah, I heard something ... :lol: As I said elsewhere, you're too kind! :thumbsup: 

Ciao

8 hours ago, Billydick said:

Very nicely painted Giemme ! :goodjob:  Masterbox do some imaginative figure sets, and you've done a great job on this one !

BillyD

Thanks Billy, glad you like it! :thumbsup: 

Ciao

Cheers Andrew, thanks! :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, dreadeddrew said:

Making figures appear as lifelike as yours is something I've yet to achieve

I'm no artist, it's just a matter of experimenting, watching tutorials, experimenting again ... till you find your way :winkgrin: 

Ciao

• Like 1

• 1 month later...