Airframes 1/72 Blackburn Airedale

Designed as a replacement for the Blackburn Blackburn, the Airedale did not offer any significant improvement in performance. The wings folded back against the sides of the fuselage for storage. This is the Airframes vac kit of this a/c. Very basic. Only about eight parts and no decals. I could not find roundels large enough for the wing, so I made them by laminating layers of solid colored decal. The only picture references I could find besides the basic three view drawing that came with the kit were 3-4 rather grainy photos, so a lot of the detail is best guessing. 

DSCN4090.jpg

DSCN4091.jpg

DSCN4092.jpg

DSCN4093.jpg

DSCN4096.jpg

DSCN4100.jpg

DSCN4101.jpg

• Like 17

You've built it superbly, but that aircraft does rather get you in the solar plexus looks-wise. Like some kind of demented moth with those wing markings! 

Nicely-rigged sir, great job on those control cables! :thumbsup2:

Tony

A great build of an "unusual" aeroplane. I could never figure out from the old "Aeromodeller" 3 view just how the wing was attached to the fuselage at the centre section.

Well Done , Trev

You've just got to love Blackburn. They didn't make the most beautiful aircraft in the world, but they do make very interesting modelling subjects and as such, we can count ourselves lucky that some of their stable have actually made it into kit form in various mediums.

Your Airedale is a case in point, as no matter what the subject medium is, with some effort, a lovely and interesting model can result.

It's great to see these old vacforms brought to life.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

As I already said, I love your Blackburn Airedale,

you can say it has an original design...

But the Blackburn Blackburn is so ugly!

sorry but you can't do anything to save it:

it is really UGLY.

But it's only my opinion

Beautiful Airedale you did there !!!

:wow: