P51 A 1/72 Revell+italeri

djos

Hi to all

Never ending story finally come to end...model finished last year. Even i have 2 Academy P51a i decide to do something with very old and inaccurate Italeri kit. So i used wings from Revell kit and merge them with Italeri body, transfer guns from Italeri, fill old and made new lending lights, add camera in behind pilot seat...and some other bits... So my Frankenstein plane finished.
Lot of details should be correct to get better, or more correct plane, but this is all what i was ready to do this time.
Camouflage....artistic approach to war by captain Paul Hexter. This scheme was never adopted in operations, reason - to complex for maintenance.

First, original:

P51A%202_zpsqdzmyxyt.jpg

Now...images, and thanks for looking. Best regards

P51A-u12_zpsv0rdhan2.jpg

P51A-u8_zpsxwa5nhu3.jpg

P51A-u4_zpsid9qy4bi.jpg

P51A-u7_zps9qazrcy7.jpg

P51A-u6_zpssohuukrw.jpg

P51A-d2_zps85nuq46i.jpg

Edited by djos
  • Like 24

Great job!  Love the paint, something totally out of the norm,  very subtle weathering.  I would love to have something like that in my collection - just might steal this idea :P

Edited by Jerry V

A real eye-opener! That unique scheme must have been a tedious masking effort but it all paid off in the end. Superb paint job!

The ground attitude looks a bit 'stilty', maybe unavoidable when making a Frankenstein. ;-) Possibly, the main gear legs could do with a bit of forward rake?

Excellent and rewarding modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Sorry but I don't like those attempts of camouflage.

I find the lines of those beautifully designed aircraft are completely ruined!!!

But it is only my thoughts !

Every one can think what he wills !

But it's a pity, the beautiful lines of the Mustang are completely destroyed.