F-4C Phantom, 1/48th, Good Evening Da Nang

8 minutes ago, Howard Moon said:

One thing for sure Giorgio, if you don't mind, I will contact you when I start building my next Phantom

I don't mind for sure. On top of that, if you have the time to go through the WIP I posted for my F-4C, you'll find there are many F-4 knowledgeable people on BM, who actually helped me a lot in terms of accuracy and modelling tips.

Ciao

• Like 1

Very nice indeed :goodjob: I'm  wrestling a ESCI Phantom into submission  at the moment hopefuly it will turn out as half as good as yours.

Guy

• Like 2

Very nice build, looks great and always good seeing another SEA camo F-4 B)

On 10/22/2016 at 0:55 PM, noelh said:

In relation to the SUU-16. It's as Giemme says more appropriate for that particular timeframe. It just so happens that I watched a documentary on the H2 channel yesterday about gun kills in Vietnam which explained the limitations of the SUU-16 and why the 23 replaced it. Very interesting. 

You could have back dated the one in kit to SUU -16. There isn't much difference. But too late now. Great job on the model.

Didn't think there were many aerial gun kills in Vietnam.  I'm aware of a few including a B-52 and in the main most of the kills were using missiles.

• Like 1

That's a nice looking Phantom, especially that cheeky piece of 4r5e-art.

Thanks for the warning about the airbrake jacks: I have a  1/48th "J" in progress that is intended for 74 Squadron markings, as long as I can find a decent set of transfers.  Unfortunately the Yellowhammer set that I have for ZE355 are apparently seriously flawed and my hand painting is pants.

Edited by stever219
Trypo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Howard Moon said:

Thanks Noel, maybe not. Gun pod can be removed without casing any collateral damage. Do I just need to get of the intake.

I would be loathe to offer advice based on my viewing of a TV programme but certainly removing the intake would be part of it. The -16 was powered by ram air and could only be relied on above a certain airspeed and below another, a point one of the pilots interviewed felt it cost him a kill.

The -23 was integrated into the weapon system. I'm sure a bit of strategic googling might turn up answers. I'm dangerously ignorant otherwise.

• Like 1