Sea Harrier and Nimrod help.

Moxey

Hey this is my first post in here.

it is a great site so well done to everyone on here.

Currently I've got quite a big stash of models and most of them are either ships or aircraft that either myself or members of my family and friends have served or flew on. Two of which I need help with finding decals for. I've looked online but can't find what I'm after was hoping some one might be able to help.

The first is an Xtrakit 1/72 Sea Harrier, I was briefly drafted on HMS Illustrious and would like to build this as one of the Sea Harriers that flew from Lusty while I was her.

The second kit is the 1/72 Airfix Nimrod, a friend flew on them out of RAF Kinloss until the decommissioning of them.

Hi Moxey & welcome aboard.

Hannants have a couple of sheets which may help with your Nimrod. 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ML72159 has an MR2.P based at Kinloss

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72080 is for MR.1's in the earlier grey & white scheme.

With regard to the Sea Harrier, I guess you might need a serial number as (and I'm no expert) I imagine aircraft were cycled through various units in between maintenance and units may also have been allocated to different ships at varying times.

Edge

Thanks Edge.

I get my kits from Hannants never found that decal sheet cheers, will check that out.

Going to be difficult with the Sea Harriers as I was only on there for BOST in Jan-Fed 2001 so not sure what squadron was embarked for BOST. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be tempted by some of those Nimrod schemes if they included at least some of the bigger stencils. It's one reason I've never build mine as I'm dreading the inevitable silver fest that the decalling will end up being. That kit always had a certain reputation.