Regarding Dutch and Belgian F-16

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well I'm confused about the Dutch and Belgian F-16

So please help me a bit

Do all Dutch and Belgian F-16 has the extension on the tail (I know Dutch has the parachute and the Belgian the ECM equipment) That's because according to Hasegawa F-16A Dutch samples have the normal A tail and according Revell all have the parachute extension as some of the Belgians

Best day

Armando

2 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Hi there

Well I'm confused about the Dutch and Belgian F-16

So please help me a bit

Do all Dutch and Belgian F-16 has the extension on the tail (I know Dutch has the parachute and the Belgian the ECM equipment) That's because according to Hasegawa F-16A Dutch samples have the normal A tail and according Revell all have the parachute extension as some of the Belgians

Best day

Armando

Most Dutch F-16's were delivered without the parabrake extenstion, all surviving examples had them fitted during the Pacer Tail program.

Only Belgian F-16A's have the ECM tail extension - their B's retain the original short tail base fairing.

The ECM and parabrake extension differ in details.

HTH,

Andre

• Like 1

Hi, Ragatiger,

Hase's 1/72 F-16A is an early Block 15 ("Plus") before all the MLU mods were introduced. "Modern" Dutch examples have the extension, and so is acknowledged by Revell (kit 4330, for instance). ECM antennae are carried at the sides. Revell kits come with two types of extended tail.

Very early  Belgian As lacked the extension (http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album37/album05/aaj )  The tail extension on Belgian machines had originally intended for ECM, then were empty or carried a luggage pod of sorts (when they were going to receive the RApport ECM system -the big "ailletes" base in the position lights on the sides of the intake); then received again an ECM pack when they were finally fitted with the Carapace system (inside the extension), together to an antennae housing at the intake lip. Belgian Bs, curiously, do have this antennae but not the tail unit; the ECM covers only the front hemisphere, which is deemed enough for training purposes (that's what I have been told when asking) The DACO book on the matter has examples of all this and probably comes with a more precise timeframe!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando

As noted above by Hook / Andre at first delivery the Dutch F-16A/B had no extended parachute base fairings (as thus is early Hasegawa kit).

Later a modication program had the Dutch F-16 fleet get the long parachute housing (as thus in the later Revell kits).

You may check out my various 1/72 F-16 models made at:

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/f16/f16-1.htm