Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baggers

SOUTHERN  EXPO 2017

SOUTHERN  EXPO 2017

SouthernExpo@tiscali.co.uk

Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th March
All proceeds to St Francis Hospice
Hornchurch Sports Centre, Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1JU

10am to 5pm Saturday
10am to 4pm Sunday

Entry: Adults £3.00, Children £1 & Senior Citizens  £2

Open Competition (Sunday only)
Senior Classes sponsored by
http://www.modelsforsale.com/

Raffles – All proceeds to St Francis Hospice

In 2016 we raised £4,000 for the Hospice
1 person likes this

Ipswich will be there.

Heading to this show for the first time anything I should look out for ?

Eamonn

There's always lots to see.

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Heading to this show for the first time anything I should look out for ?

Eamonn

With this show the thing to watch is car parking. The leisure centre car park fills up very quickly making it nearly impossible to find a space unless you arrive very early (i.e. before the show opens).

The town centre has a number of car parks and is about a 15 minute stroll away from the show so I always use these. The car park on Keswick avenue is free on Sundays.

Otherwise a great show, well worth the journey.

Cheers,

Stuart

1 person likes this

On 08/03/2017 at 2:07 PM, Stu_davros said:

With this show the thing to watch is car parking. The leisure centre car park fills up very quickly making it nearly impossible to find a space unless you arrive very early (i.e. before the show opens).

The town centre has a number of car parks and is about a 15 minute stroll away from the show so I always use these. The car park on Keswick avenue is free on Sundays.

Otherwise a great show, well worth the journey.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi Stuart, which one is our best bet for parking Saturday morning. I suppose if we really need to park at the show I need to be there mega early.

I'm not the one driving but my friend is, & has never been into Hornchurch for the show before. I normally take the tube & bus.

I can see a couple in the town center, but I suppose its pot luck with shoppers and spaces. I'm not setting up at the show.

Martin

On the Saturday is not too bad, most of the shoppers arrive mid morning so the Keswick road park might be your best bet.

Another "dumb" question for those that travel south to north via the bridge into Essex- how does it work if you are not a regular and have no prepaid toll? Is it possible to pay at a kiosk,and is it payable in both directions? Have no idea as haven't crossed there in over 10+ years....and my first time at Hornchurch,one I have always wanted to go to,probably sunday,when it is quieter??

cheers

mtd

Thanks Baggers, SHMBO has already done the prepaid thingy,so hopefully they'll let us southerners into Essex....

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, mollythedog said:

Another "dumb" question for those that travel south to north via the bridge into Essex- how does it work if you are not a regular and have no prepaid toll? Is it possible to pay at a kiosk,and is it payable in both directions? Have no idea as haven't crossed there in over 10+ years....and my first time at Hornchurch,one I have always wanted to go to,probably sunday,when it is quieter??

cheers

mtd

My experience has been that Saturday is very busy whereas the one time I had no option but to go on the Sunday it was very quiet indeed and to be honest felt a bit flat in terms of atmosphere. That being said it's better for studying the displays. There is a real buzz on Saturday not least because people are keen to get the bargains under the club tables and from the traders.

Today was a good day at Southern Expo.

Posted (edited)

Went there today, first show in over 10 years I think.

Easy access to the venue and nicely laid out I thought. 

Some very good models on show too and some very nice people who took the time to have a chat to me, a complete stranger.

Got to see a AMK MiG-31 built, wow, what a beast and had a chat to the owner about it too, nice chap!

Also found out there's a club in Medway so all in all a successful and enjoyable trip.

Thanks to all involved.

Edited by SimonT
Punctuation

Well Whitestar and moi  travelled over this morning for a few hours browsing , great show well laid out and a great time was had by all

Saw some  brilliant models esp the War of the Worlds fighting machine in copper colour  about to crash into a church was fantastic and to me the star of the show

Highlight???

Watching people trying to park in the car park 4x4 and Audis by people who didnt have a clue how to drive one women went round and round till we lost count :D

Low

Being asked if I was OAP on the door :confused:

Roll on next year

And I won in the raffle !!!!

A Churchill tank  :clap2:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

Well Whitestar and moi  travelled over this morning for a few hours browsing , great show well laid out and a great time was had by all

Saw some  brilliant models esp the War of the Worlds fighting machine in copper colour  about to crash into a church was fantastic and to me the star of the show

Highlight???

Watching people trying to park in the car park 4x4 and Audis by people who didnt have a clue how to drive one women went round and round till we lost count :D

Low

Roll on next year

And I won in the raffle !!!!

A Churchill tank  :clap2:

OAP !!! We can't all be wrong!!:smirk:

15 minutes ago, chris57 said:

OAP !!! We can't all be wrong!!:smirk:

Ohhhh you again no peace from Jock and you

How many mirrors   did I break????

When I got there this morning about 7.50am there was an argument going on between a modeller who had parked up and a family who had their young children, obviously going to the swimming pool, not sure what it was all about but some one needs to take a chill pill, especially as there was young children involved, the modeller was in such as rage about something, the husband was quite cool about things.

Posted (edited)

On 19/03/2017 at 8:02 PM, kev67 said:

When I got there this morning about 7.50am there was an argument going on between a modeller who had parked up and a family who had their young children, obviously going to the swimming pool, not sure what it was all about but some one needs to take a chill pill, especially as there was young children involved, the modeller was in such as rage about something, the husband was quite cool about things.

I did occur to me on Saturday whilst I spent about half an hour playing musical hunt the parking spot that the Centre's regular users turn up for their swimming, gym, aerobics or children's football sessions on 51 weekends of the year and (probably) have no problems finding somewhere to park, then on the other week they find the car park full of modellers from all other the country.

Needless to say - as usual a very enjoyable show.

Edited by Richard E

On 3/19/2017 at 17:45, Panzer Vor!!! said:

:rofl:

It  was very bad lighting -----------------------ok !!!!:hmmm::dinosaur:

Our club received the best club stand, long time since that has ever happened