Airfix Buccaneer

Thanks for the comments folks - next up will be either the Wessex or the Gannet. At the moment the Gannet is winning, but the small decals are driving me crazy....

Edited by JagRigger

Hello Jag,

If you are able to complete this (Buccaneer) aircraft from Airfix, consider yourself a good modeler.

And yes, you did a very good job.

I did build two (Navy-Air Force) so I know what you had to overcome.

Regards,

Dirk.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:32 AM, HansReggelsen said:

Whenever I see a Buccaneer - especially a wellbuilt one like this :goodjob: - I'm reminded of Rod Stewart and "I am sailing" !:winkgrin:

I particular remember a scene, where a (new?) pilot is trying to land his Buccaneer on the Ark Royal and after 3 attempts is told that if he doesn't make it the next time, it will be his last and he will have to return to base.

AFAIR he does make it! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

PS please be gentle with me, if it turns out it was a F-4 instead of a 'Bucc' - memory isn't what it used to be (now where did I put those glasses? ) :winkgrin:

It's funny you should mention that scene from Sailor because I remember it too from the 1970s and was convinced it was a Phantom pilot who was having the problems catching a wire, until just recently when I found the scene on You Tube and it was indeed a Buccaneer.  Memory is a strange thing.

• Like 1

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 8:42 PM, albamac said:

A fine looking "Brick" if I may say so Sir and it looks nice all "tooled up". Selwyn is correct about the rocket pods but what's that amongst us lovers of a classic FAA jet. A quick role change to get the armourers doing things they do best, and do well. Keep up the lovely work. Cheers mate.

albamac (frustrated Norseman).....still sailing:viking:

Ah, if the armourers had done the thing they do best why does it have the wrong armarment?

:redx:

Taxi....

DennisTheBear

very nice Buccaneer I like the Navy scheme, must get mine done one day.

Guy