Airfix Buccaneer

There's more than one person building their way through the Ark's air wing....

IMG_27141_zpsc08yw3eg.jpg

Just finished this one - OK I'll never win any competitions, but I enjoyed it. Detail added to airbrake, undercarriage and bays, new tailplane, and custom made arrestor hook.  I tied to depict it having just landed

IMG_27151_zps3x1pb6tc.jpg

IMG_27171_zpsrewuhbzc.jpg

• Like 40

Whenever I see a Buccaneer - especially a wellbuilt one like this :goodjob: - I'm reminded of Rod Stewart and "I am sailing" !:winkgrin:

I particular remember a scene, where a (new?) pilot is trying to land his Buccaneer on the Ark Royal and after 3 attempts is told that if he doesn't make it the next time, it will be his last and he will have to return to base.

AFAIR he does make it! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

PS please be gentle with me, if it turns out it was a F-4 instead of a 'Bucc' - memory isn't what it used to be (now where did I put those glasses? ) :winkgrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Looks good and with a load of SNEBs.

Unfortunately SNEB was not used on aircraft carriers for safety reasons. It should have 2" rocket pods fitted.

Apart from that a nice grey bucc!

(Must admit though I prefer the S1!)

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

47 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Unfortunately SNEB was not used on aircraft carriers for safety reasons. It should have 2" rocket pods fitted.

Apart from that a nice grey bucc!

(Must admit though I prefer the S1!)

Selwyn

The S1 is in the stash - another Airfix S2B and more resin bits ;)

AND - just checked the stash and the Sea Vixen has 2" pods in it. Best carry out a role change.....

Edited by JagRigger
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JagRigger said:

The S1 is in the stash - another Airfix S2B and more resin bits ;)

AND - just checked the stash and the Sea Vixen has 2" pods in it. Best carry out a role change.....

Be aware that the sea vixen pods are inaccurate as they have the rocket heads sticking out of the nose The old airfix harrier ones are much better!

or;

http://www.neomega-resin.com/sea-vixen-detail-sets-501-p.asp

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

A fine looking "Brick" if I may say so Sir and it looks nice all "tooled up". Selwyn is correct about the rocket pods but what's that amongst us lovers of a classic FAA jet. A quick role change to get the armourers doing things they do best, and do well. Keep up the lovely work. Cheers mate.

albamac (frustrated Norseman).....still sailing:viking:

On 20/10/2016 at 10:32 AM, HansReggelsen said:

Whenever I see a Buccaneer - especially a wellbuilt one like this :goodjob: - I'm reminded of Rod Stewart and "I am sailing" !:winkgrin:

I particular remember a scene, where a (new?) pilot is trying to land his Buccaneer on the Ark Royal and after 3 attempts is told that if he doesn't make it the next time, it will be his last and he will have to return to base.

AFAIR he does make it! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

PS please be gentle with me, if it turns out it was a F-4 instead of a 'Bucc' - memory isn't what it used to be (now where did I put those glasses? ) :winkgrin:

I remember that we'll, it was episode 2 with Ark embarking her airgroup off the coast of Cornwall within range of land bases in case of problems with aircraft getting aboard. In the episode the pilot was relieved to be on deck and everything seemed fine with everyone being civil. But in the additional episode that was made many years on explaining what had happened to crew featured after Ark had been scrapped he revealed that after going below out of sight of the cameras he'd been bollocked for the number of attempts it took him to get aboard!

• Like 2