Airliner - Zvezda Boeing 777-300ER Eva Air 'Sanrio'

This is the 1/144 Zvezda 777ER kit built as a display model for a very good friends' little daughter who likes both 'Hello Kitty' characters and aeroplanes :)

It's a nice enough kit; the engines are especially good and I was very pleased with how they have turned out. I had to use a little putty for the fuselage join, and the locating pins for the tailplanes are very small which made them the most difficult aspect of this build.

The decals are by 8A and are a delight to use, though the window spacing doesn't quite match up with the kit. They're laser-printed and have to be used on white only, but for this particular model that was no problem as the whole of the fuselage is white. The painting was good old Halfords appliance white plus Humbrol acrylics for the wings, tailplanes and engines.

The base, which comes with the kit, is for display purposes only and won't be used when it's handed over to the recipient

412859559.jpg412859560.jpg412859561.jpg

• Like 19

Very nice! Lucky girl to get such a beautiful model. I hope she looks after it, might be an idea to give her the stand too!

I have to keep my kids away from pics of Hello Kitty, Pokemon and Haribo decorated planes or else they'll be wanting me to build them one and I don't have enough time for the models I want to build let alone anyone else!!

Cheers,

Ian

13 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

Looks wonderful! :thumbsup:

So you didn't have any issues with the fuselage? I have read about a couple of builds so far that had warped and mismatched length fuselage halves.

I had no issues like that with the fuselage. Overall it was an easy and satisfying build.

• Like 1