Westland Wessex HU5 (1:8)

On 10/19/2016 at 5:04 PM, Radleigh said:

"You are not authorised to download this attachment."

Rather than just link to another forum, can't you add some photos here too? Sounds like a great project..

I cannot add photos...:(

7 hours ago, coneheadff said:

:o:o:o WOW!!!! Is it completely scratch build?

hi coneheadff... no... the fuselage and printed parts are from  http://www.redlodgehelicopters.co.uk/wessex.htm 

there will be a lot of scratch building on the details though

W

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

She's huuuuge! Can't await to see your progress.

Maybe it will motivate me to start my 1/32 Wessex :-)

I will be using the 1:32 to copy details. The Sky model is absolutely stunning w.r.t detail...used the p.e to make the mesh screens for various parts

Wessex%20stuff001_zpsydntiv6k.jpg

Wessex%20stuff003_zpsgooqw8hu.jpg

Wessex15.10.16-011_zps5trpzqfu.jpg

W

4 minutes ago, Radleigh said:

Amazing, fair play to you. I guess this is r/c too? Brave man flying all that work!!

Thanx Radleigh...

of all my hand built models, this 1:7 scale UH1-B has the largest Ar$$ pucker factor...3 years to build

ZWK2cropped_zpscrck5tc1.jpg

2014-airshow0122_zpssxxo37uf.jpg

W

• Like 2

Great stuff,.....I`d be too scared to fly them! I once saw somebody crash their work of art on its first flight and it hit a boulder in a river, so the parts drifted off downstream,......it put me off RC for life and I can still see him crying in my mind today,.....poor bloke had taken 4 years to build it and he had been so proud taking it from the van!!

Cheers

Tony

5 hours ago, coneheadff said:

This is really going to be a great build! Can't awaitto see your progress.

How have you made the PE parts? CAD?

I photo copied the 1;32 model's PE parts, enlarged till I got what I wanted and sent the images to the etchers. They digitised it and voila!!

W

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Great idea with the PE parts!

One question...do you have any good pictures of the air intake? There are many from the back, but none from above looking into the intake. 

Which air intake coneheadff ?

On 23/10/2016 at 20:37, Wonko the Sane said:

Thanx Radleigh...

of all my hand built models, this 1:7 scale UH1-B has the largest Ar$$ pucker factor...3 years to build

W

Nice Wonko.Turbine powered?,wouldn't work quite the same with a yowling smoking glowplug in it I guess.Is the Wessy going for turbine power too?

On 23/10/2016 at 23:29, tonyot said:

Great stuff,.....I`d be too scared to fly them! I once saw somebody crash their work of art on its first flight and it hit a boulder in a river, so the parts drifted off downstream,......it put me off RC for life and I can still see him crying in my mind today,.....poor bloke had taken 4 years to build it and he had been so proud taking it from the van!!

Cheers

Tony

Saw a similar thing with an old mate's big scale Jim Davis Spitfire years ago.

He'd flown it once,maybe twice.It was a beauty,flaps,retracts,the whole shooting match.

He brought it down in a howling power dive,pulled out a bit too tight and the port wing folded back against the

fuselage as the mainspar gave way.

There wasn't half a thud.............