Seaking HC.4 - need help with info/pics

Jakub Cikhart

Hi gents,

I am in the research for my Gulf war Seaking HC.4 I am planning to build in 1:72 from the new Airfix kit.

My friend and I are planning a small PE sheet with some resin parts, so I am looking for some detail shots or info.

1 - rear view mirrors - I have a few pictures of them, but more pics are better. when they were carried ? I have pics with and without them

2 - cargo hook assembly - the kit completely lacks the cargo hook assembly, so we are thinking to make resin hook and PE mounting points for the cables - I am looking for detail pics of the cargo hook itself

3 - side mesh on the left hand side of engine cover - already sorted out

4 - and probably the most problematic part - racks for the chaff/flare launchers. I know that in modern HC.4s they are mounted just behind the sliding doors, but I am looking for the mounts on the aft of the fuselage, just above the tail wheel (they are on both sides) - picture is here:

zd476_2.jpg

5 - IRCM frame - different frame than it is in the Eduard set (this one has round lightening holes on sides, Gulf war version has one big lightening hole in triangular shape in the side)

We are planning to make a small update set. If you think of anything else which might be included in this set, let me know.

Thanks a lot and happy modelling.

Jakub

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Wing mirrors were a standard fit for all Sea Kings, so flying without them would be the exception rather than normal.

Err....wing mirrors were not fitted when ALQ 157 was fitted. That said you would always find one or two coz someone had forgotten to. take them off.

• Like 3