VW Type 82 E "Bug"

Here is my second attempt at building Armor. It is the Tamiya 1/48 VW Type 82 E Staff car (basically a bug with a slightly different drive train). I would like to thank Reini 78 for his advice. It is much appreciated.    Bob H.

VW%201_zpsroah8glw.jpg

VW%202_zpssjz7alog.jpg

VW%203_zps7qmm26ua.jpg

VW%204_zpsfjqvswbg.jpg

• Like 18

That's a lovely little model. I've always had a soft spot for the Beetle ever since I owned one many years ago. Not quite as old as your model. '55 manufacture with the small oval one piece rear window and a crash gear box. Happy days!

John.

Thanks to all. It definitely had me "Scratching my head" whenever I was trying to figure out the weathering. I'm basically an aircraft guy. Eventually I'll try my hand at another armor / vehicle but for now it's back to familiar territory !!                Bob H.

6 hours ago, kwality8 said:

Lovely!

6 hours ago, The_Lancaster said:

Very nice! 

Thanks guys. I hope to get back to the workbench soon. I am going into the Hospital tomorrow for a Heart operation. If all goes according to plan I should have some "Quality" model building time very soon. (I think that they call it recovery time).            Bob H.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Henry said:

Thanks guys. I hope to get back to the workbench soon. I am going into the Hospital tomorrow for a Heart operation. If all goes according to plan I should have some "Quality" model building time very soon. (I think that they call it recovery time).            Bob H.

Good luck with the surgery Bob , I'm 3 months post op and feeling fantastic now, have fun on the recovery and build loads :thumbsup: 

Dan