Revell Q1 2017

ABeck

The Berlin Hobbyshop Zinnfigurenkabinett has some Revell 2017 Q1 announcemnets on ist website. As far as aircraft are concerned there are no new toolings but some interesting take-overs.  The Spit Mk. IXc might be a Version of the 32nd Mk.1/II kit.  The bridgelayer Biber on Leopard chassis is hopefully a variant of the new 35th Leopard.

https://www.zinnfigur.com/Modellbau/Neuheiten/

Andreas Beck

• Like 1

this year Revell repoped the OH58 ... 72nd scale. Really nice price, it could be an Italeri repop and it was the old "matchbox" , so I think now that for a nice price the more logical choice for Revell is using their own tools, and Matchbox tools are now Revell properties  - also Monogram could be of course !

Or ... those prices are far from being real prices and so the game is still really open ... and Special Hobby could be part of it.

Ciao

Giovanni

Revell has uploaded the instruction of the new Tiffy:

http://www.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/03952_%23BAU_EUROFIGHTER_TYPHOON.PDF

Well, 4 Meteor and AMRAAM each, two AIM-9 and IRIS (NO ASRAAM!!), and three tanks, no ordnance. AAR-Probe can be shown extended, but no PIRATE sensor. Only one decal variant, a German special scheme of the Richthofen. And more expensive. Disappointed...

Alex

edit: some parts blacked out on the ordnance sprue, so maybe some RAF ordnance may be included.

Edited by alex

Given the old molds of the Monogram F-4 (with a couple of runs to their credit by now) and some of Revell's recent new releases where the molding quality left a lot to be desired (especially on the clear parts), I really hope this will turn out alright! I've been wanting one for ages...

L.E.: I wonder what prompted Revell to bring out another EF Typhoon kit in 1/72!?

Edited by niki
L.E.

I built the Monogram Phantom many years ago, and was impressed by its fitting and details (raised, though!). Considering the price, I think it's better rescribing than getting one of the rather expensive Hasegawa-Phantoms (with no ordnance anyway).

Alex

• 2 months later...