Home printing - white decals

RidgeRunner

Hi all,

Seeking help from the BM collective! Is there a way of home printing (decal clear paper on an ink-jet) white decals? What I need to print is the "Weapons" box on a SMB2 like this, the one just above the gun port. It is white outline with white lettering but otherwise transparent so the camo comes through. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Martin

Resultado de imagen para fuerza aerea hondureña Super Mystere 

I use a DTP programme to do my art work for decals.

The way I'd tackle this is to do a box and lettering in white overlaying a larger box of the camo colour and print on white decal paper.

Print and trim the decal leaving plenty of the camo coloured background box around the white box.

Apply decal and paint the camo up over the edges of the larger coloured background almost to the outer edge of the white box outline.

This can leave a ridge showing but if the decal is cut appropriately it can become a 'panel' and not too noticeable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

That should be no problem.

I've done Soviet red stars with a white border on white paper; t'was just a case of careful cutting out to make the border even

Ace, Im missing one from the airfix kit, now to just scan the other and reverse it.....