Finnish Army BAB B armoured car

JackG

Pete (Buzby061),  thanks kindly.
----------------------
John, you are quite welcome.
----------------------
Crayons, my apologies as I completely misunderstood the area in question about the Alan kit (same error is still present with Dragon rebox).  I was looking at the rear deck, but it is the back wall of the crew cab that is out to lunch..

regards,

Jack

On 10/17/2016 at 11:54 AM, JackG said:

Thank you Robert (Ceithearn), sinhow, Paul A H, Keith (KAYELL), AndyRM101, and John (Bullbasket).

-----------------------------------------

This is interesting, because when I look at online builds of the Alan kit, they all appear to be curved.  Did they re-issue the kit with corrected parts?  it is odd though, since that was a characteristic of the earlier FAI-M armoured car:

07.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

John, just be sure to do a little research before acquiring a kit of the T-26.  The Star decal sets mention the tanks by the year they were produced, but many were upgrade before they entered the war to 1940/41 standards.  Mainly they replaced the rubber road wheels with all steel, and the engine grill had an armour cover added.

regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Any recommendations on who makes the best/nearest kit of the T-26 the would go best with the decals?

John

Hello John,

I'd stick with  HobbyBoss, and after looking at box contents/instructions over the net, I'd say you have two kit choices to give exact match to the decals:

Hobby-Boss-Model-Kit-Soviet-T-26-Light.j

- the 45mm gun T-26 (that's the one with blue swastikas), HobbyBoss 82497. This has the proper updated road wheels and armour cover on the rear deck.  Just don't need the antenna rail around the turret.  Star Decal also illustrate this one without the rear turret machine gun.

1406214174-06774800.jpg

If you want to do the flame tank, this boxing, Hobby Boss  82498.  Note that this has three decal options, the fourth one has a later turret style.

regards,
Jack