KC-135R conversion kits?

RichardPrice

After butchering an Italeri KC-135R kit several years ago and binning the result when we moved house, I've got a desire to try again - except these kits seem to be hitting north of £50 these days, while earlier models are much cheaper...

At various points there seemed to have been resin conversion kits for the later engines, but I cant find any that are still produced.

So, can anyone suggest any that are still available?

Hi Richard

Contrails Models do them but they are about $40 a set so not cheap.

http://www.contrailsmodels.com/Engines.html

DB used to do them - I've seen them on second hand traders' stands at shows but it's pot luck finding them. I presume the Flightpath set are the old DB ones https://www.djparkins.com/product.php?productid=17944&cat=248&page=2

again not cheap and probably takes the total price above just buying an R!

Maybe someone has not used the engines from an E-3 or KC-135R and has them spare?

Cheers

Glen

I was looking for some CFM 56 engines for an RC135 upgrade and found them difficult to find and expensive.  If u r just looking to do a KC135R I would just buy the Italeri release in the Tiger Scheme, much cheaper and a lot easier.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:33 AM, Stealthman said:

I was looking for some CFM 56 engines for an RC135 upgrade and found them difficult to find and expensive.  If u r just looking to do a KC135R I would just buy the Italeri release in the Tiger Scheme, much cheaper and a lot easier.

Even those seem to be sold out at most of the normal resellers, and prices are getting higher on ebay. Probably still a good bet, but it's getting more expensive to find a CFM powered -135 solution.