Fw 189 interior colours

dalea

Anybody have any thoughts on the colours appropriate to the central cockpit  area of the Fw 189? The most recent ICM kit has a mixture of RLM 66 (for the sides of the nacelle), RLM 02 pilot's seat and rudder pedals, and red-brown (they say Rust) for what I assume to be the rear gunner's and observer's divans. The Italeri (nee Condor) kit is RLM 66 overall. From memory, the Airfix one was  RLM 02 overall.

Do a google image search for FW 189 there are some reasonable interior pics which appear to show some in 02, others in 66 and the odd with a mix of the two. There is a pic of the tail gun cone in a museum that appears to show an interior color of 66 so I would go with what Mikemx suggests

Hi!

Fw 189 was a reconnaissance/light bomber plane so overall RLM 66 interior does not sound very likely to me. There is a well known B/W photo of production aircraft and apart from instrumental panels everything seems to be painted in considerably lighter colour than RLM 66. There is another, this time colour photo of Uhu's interior in Focke-Wulf Fw 189 book by Pavel Kucera, Denes Bernad and Stefan Androvic (MBI). The photo shows the interior of Jim Pearce's Fw 189 before the beginning of the restoration. Again, apart from some black boxes here and there everything else looks like (somewhat light) RLM 02 to me. Cheers

Jure