£1.99p Model kit

celt

photo h2_zpsvhuvisyi.jpg

This is my next build,these were on sale at my local Home Bargains for £1.99,I dont build German aircraft as a rule but for this price I could not resist.I bought quite a few.:blush:

photo h1_zpstmqwe0oi.jpg

The main components glued together and clamped,not many parts at all.Basic and simple,just like I like em.:)

• Like 7

It actually doesn't look too bad shapewise though doubtless there are those who know better than I. Better not let Mrs Martian see this thread or she might start questioning the cost of some of my projects!

Martian 

• Like 2

I had never heard of Lindberg before,so when I first saw them I bought a Helldiver to try it,since then I have been back and bought the lot.Seven aircraft and two vehicles.For £1.99 each,I would be dull not to,on the plus side Mrs Celt was happy they cost so little.Everybody wins.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Will someone let me know when Home Bargains start doing AM stuff as well at a similar scale of discount?:D

You're moving in on this one with a purpose celt and look like your enjoying yourself. :thumbsup2: Nice work!

Tony

11 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Will someone let me know when Home Bargains start doing AM stuff as well at a similar scale of discount?:D

You're moving in on this one with a purpose celt and look like your enjoying yourself. :thumbsup2: Nice work!

Tony

Thanks TheBaron,I am enjoying it very much,I know its not to everyones taste but these simple models are just perfect for me.These last few months have really sucked and these simple kits are a way for me to lose myself for a bit.:frantic:

• Like 4

It's good to see someone cracking on and really enjoying a build. :) 

These look like complete mojo boosters, and that does look to be a very nice stand :hmmm: . The Airfix stands alone cost more than £1.99 now; this kit is a great bargain. Going together a treat.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

Thanks for all the people who have found the time to comment on my attempts to make models but I need to go offline for awhile.Unfortunately my wife has to go for an EEG and a MRI to check her tumour has not changed,because the symptoms we thought were over have started to return.

On 15/10/2016 at 6:17 AM, perdu said:

I'm rather displeased that MY local Home Bargains never have these kits for sale

You must have a charmed life, well done

I'm hardly fed up at all

Honest. :(

Looks good, can I tag along?

Yep, my feelings exactly. Mrs Oddball loves Home Bargains though (what Mrs doesn't?), so I'll be keeping a sharp lookout.

3 minutes ago, celt said:

Thanks for all the people who have found the time to comment on my attempts to make models but I need to go offline for awhile.Unfortunately my wife has to go for an EEG and a MRI to check her tumour has not changed,because the symptoms we thought were over have started to return.

Sorry to hear that fella, my thoughts are with you.

Hi K,

Sorry to hear about your missus again, hope all is well after the tests.

If you can get yourself to club, there's a Lindberg X-3 Stiletto here with your name on it. They were so cheap we bought a pile of the things from club funds to have another one of our daft what can you make from it competitions sometime next year.

Good work on that German thing so far!

Take care matey

Keith

• 3 weeks later...