I've discovered time travel (forwards anyway)

Beardie

Last night I realised that I have discovered how to travel forward in time faster than usual.

The secret lies in rigging  WWI models. Hardly did much at all by the time I sat back but I had been sticking little bits of elastic in place for two hours!

• Like 3

It is actually a Roden 1/32 Sopwith triplane I am rigging. When I started building it I thought that it didn't have much rigging and so that stage of building would be quite straightforward and quick. Now quite a few hours later I am still not quite finished despite not having any real problems. Sometimes I think the folks who stick to monoplanes are very wise but then again there is nothing quite so attractive as a nice old bipe or tripe.

• Like 1

How true Beardie! I too have reached this state of enlightenment. Hours have simply flown by whilst doing the exact same thing. Like you say simple rigging can consume time in the blink of an eye - in a very pleasant way.  I find it very relaxing.  

Andrew. 

• Like 1

6553545E-3F5F-42CA-9E53-9D22A35A401D_zps

Here is is my work desk at the moment- putting the finishing touches (rigging) to 5 of my 1:72 Albatrosses, and the start of my Roden Se 5a. 

Hours of fiddling about right there, great. 

• Like 1