63 Ford Galaxie.

arni

The box..
24peb5u.jpg

Being a prestige kit it comes with a pen holder/base,this will be done flat black.
fnz0y.jpg

Got the outer edges of the floor done.
25z5oqg.jpg

As was the engine bay.
ixf3o9.jpg

The shell,it needs a further coat - the colour is Zero paints Jaguar silk cut purple.
2wqhd8l.jpg

• Like 5

I have this little beauty as a 1/64 diecast from Autoworld.

You should check them out.

Astonishing detail in a little model for a few quid.

I've only been over to the US twice, but both times I came back with loads of them in my case...

I'll be watching your build with great interest.

Roy.

• Like 1

Done the floorpan in flat black.
dr8qi1.jpg

A second coat of purple was applied,then as it has a soft top effect hardtop it too was blown in with flat black.
9uvqep.jpg

Next task will be to foil her and get some clear on.
rgw2sm.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely colour! I saw one of these at a car show a few years ago and I was amazed at the size of it. I know they say American cars of the era are big but you could land a jumbo jet on that bonnet. And speaking of the bonnet, I spy a hole cut out, you putting some velocity stacks or a supercharger in there?

• Like 1

On 13/10/2016 at 7:42 PM, Oddball said:

Lovely colour! I saw one of these at a car show a few years ago and I was amazed at the size of it. I know they say American cars of the era are big but you could land a jumbo jet on that bonnet. And speaking of the bonnet, I spy a hole cut out, you putting some velocity stacks or a supercharger in there?

It is a comprehensive kit,with foil supplied and a tv set plus other bits - a rectangular steering wheel...:unsure:

It will be a blower sticking through the bonnet,it even has two bonnets,two sets of wheels - not sure about these and will look around for something that suites the build.

On 15/10/2016 at 7:18 PM, Hamden said:

Nice very very nice - brings back memories of these racing round Crystal Palace, Brands Hatch and Aintree in their hay day

Roger

Thanks Roger,even though I am from Norm Iron I spent a long time in Surrey - Old Coulsdon...And used to love going to Brands.

Question on the dash I am in two minds on the colour,(am leaning towards body colour but am split 'atween that and golden showers yelller as on the interior.

On 17/10/2016 at 9:23 PM, mustang1989 said:

Cool colors Nigel. A little wet sanding and some polish and that thing'll shine like glass.

Thanks but alas....My dexterity is shot to bits since a stroke,getting the 'action' going for sanding is nigh on impossible.It would be easier to teach a chimp to ride a unicycle while reading a book by Douglas Adams.:unsure: