Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ

Awesome Falcon.. nice and clean finish... gotta love those Tamiya 1/32 models..

might have to add a F-16 to my stash!!

• Like 1

Superb job Noel, beautifully built and some excellent paintwork too, I particularly like the way you've done the exhaust can, both inside and out - very realistic. Looking at yours I'm almost tempted to get one of these for myself sometime soon!! :Tasty: 

Do you have any close-up shots of the cockpit by any chance? Would love to see the interior detail on one of these. :thumbsup: 

Kev :)

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 1

Hi Noel,

What a lovely build of a great aircraft , nicely painted and as others have said this is now on the wish list

:goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Modeller said:

Superb job Noel, beautifully built and some excellent paintwork too, I particularly like the way you've done the exhaust can, both inside and out - very realistic. Looking at yours I'm almost tempted to get one of these for myself sometime soon!! :Tasty: 

Do you have any close-up shots of the cockpit by any chance? Would love to see the interior detail on one of these. :thumbsup: 

Hi Kev...these are the only two shots I have. If you look closely you will notice two "curls" of shaved plastic stuck under the rear canopy. Unfortunately they were there after I removed the masking. Oh well. 

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, noelbarnes said:

Hi Kev...these are the only two shots I have. If you look closely you will notice two "curls" of shaved plastic stuck under the rear canopy. Unfortunately they were there after I removed the masking. Oh well. 

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

Those two shots are close enough Noel and show great detail. I am seriously impressed with the way you've built and painted your model, one of the best F-16 models I've seen in a long time, very well done!! It's a real shame about those two shavings in the rear of the cockpit, but hopefully they will go unnoticed by any viewers? Are they  completely immovable? I would try holding the model vertically, nose down and gently tapping around the area with a fingernail to see if they can be dislodged and hopefully get them to drop down into the cockpit foot well, where they would be less easily seen. Could be worth a try, but please don't risk damaging or dropping such a lovely model on my advice!! :unsure: :thumbsup:

Edited by Mr Modeller
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Mr Modeller said:

Those two shots are close enough Noel and show great detail. I am seriously impressed with the way you've built and painted your model, one of the best F-16 models I've seen in a long time, very well done!! It's a real shame about those two shavings in the rear of the cockpit, but hopefully they will go unnoticed by any viewers? Are they  completely immovable? I would try holding the model vertically, nose down and gently tapping around the area with a fingernail to see if they can be dislodged and hopefully get them to drop down into the cockpit foot well, where they would be less easily seen. Could be worth a try, but please don't risk damaging or dropping such a lovely model on my advice!! :unsure: :thumbsup:

Hi Kev. Thanks for your encouraging words. I have tried to blow in through different openings to dislodge them. I will give what you suggested a try. Failing that I think they will stay there...as I am not prepared to remove the canopy to resolve it. Cheers. 

• Like 1