This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Jan Polc

KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

507 posts in this topic

I'm in with at least two as well - any Aussie distributors Jan?

Cheers.. Dave.

1 person likes this

Rabbit Leader - we are still looking for Aussie distributor. Maybe some of your retailers will order it. I will ask Ed R. .... :-)

1 person likes this

Hi Jan,

Do you know if the forthcoming Fulmar is an original mold or a re-boxing of the Vista kit?

Thanks.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎31 at 4:53 PM, Jan Polc said:

No, Mig-21MF is not RV.... 

Hi Jan,

Given the photographic evidence posted on this forum and elsewhere, will you please consider explaining your statement above more in detail for us?

Regards

Patrik

We´re happy to begin the Messerschmitt Bf 109 Single Type Group Build II in two weeks. We are glad to be sponsored by AZ Model / Kovozavody Prostevoj (I hope I got that KP name spelled out - it could also be the name of a Borussia Dortmund footballer :rofl: ). I´ll try to build five AZ 109:s for these guys here below, that I shamelessly use to deliver a message (once again). Best regards, V-P

Yaketiyak_zps1cwepjqv.jpg

2 people like this

On 4. 1. 2017 at 0:51 PM, Jan Polc said:

In January we will release naval version, we call it "Sea Baker".... :-)

kamo-MB-5-sea-baker-BM.jpg

I just picked this one up from one of the Brno shops yesterday and I have to say it looks like a lovely kit.

One small criticism, which may well have been pointed out by now, is that the Canadian national markings are a mix of Royal Canadian Navy and later Canadian Armed Forces insignia features.

The yellow ring on the fuselage roundel was only used until 1952. The style of leaf on the kit decals didn't come into use until 1968, when the three elements of the Canadian military were unified into a single Candian Armed Forces and the Canadian Navy lost their own air arm.

While the RCN had their own air component, they had their own specific style of roundels unique to them that set them apart from the RCAF style. This page will give you a good overview of the development of Canadian national insignia on aircraft, the RCN markings section is about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down:

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/382/Roundel-Round-Up.aspx

That's not to be pedantic, I realise they are "What if" markings. but it's good to get things right for the period even if you are just imagining things. :-)

Edited by upnorth